Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

12 hours ago, BigJag said:

$2000 for front row!? That's almost £1500. What made them think they could charge that amount? 

That's really cheap for WrestleMania first row. Normally it's 2-3 times that amount and people pay it.

3 hours ago, BigJag said:

A quick check on Ticketmaster shows that they've pretty much sold out. Unless WWE are using multiple vendors.

I'm genuinely surprised that in the current climate people are snapping up the opportunity for what on the face of it is a very lacklustre looking Mania. One that will also not have the support events around it. Does that area of the country have much in the way of attractions to draw people in for a bit more than just Wrestlemania? 

I'm not sure if this would happen in the same week as Mania being an unusual year, but normally after tickets go on sale Ticketmaster only sell seats in blocks (e.g. sell the hardest ones first up in the gods, or at the back of the floor seats) and then release better seats nearer the time knowing people will probably buy them, very crafty but they play on people thinking seats are selling quick and getting a seat anywhere.

Other things to take into consideration - WrestleMania very rarely sells out anyway, even if there are less tickets this year, there are less international fans attending. And also probably less touts buying them this close to the event and selling them on for a higher fee because of the above reasons.

One thing I do like about this years event being over two nights is that they haven't shoehorned everyone possible onto the show.

I think the 4 way for the Smackdown tag titles should be on there somewhere but its obviously not crucial.

It looks like two decent enough nights of action without anything really looking "wrestlemania worthy", but the big selling point for me is that there will be fans there, and will be watching just for that reason really to see how they react to things.

Not sure if its been mentioned but I read the other day that this will be the first time since Wrestlemania 4 that either HBK, HHH or The Undertaker hasn't wrestled on the show.

5 hours ago, Perry said:

Peacock has got WrestleMania scheduled for 3 hours each night.  1am-4am UK time.  Both nights will have an hour pre-show from Midnight. 

I thought that Night One doesn't have a pre-show, that's why the Tag Titles Fatal 4-Way and Andre Memorial Battle Royal have been bumped to this week's Smackdown.

• Paid Members

It’s a mercy for obsessive types who don’t want to miss any matches so previously had to watch 2 hours of drivel to catch 2-3 matches lasting 4 minutes or so.

• Paid Members

I’m massively out of touch but... if he’s been wrestling again I.e. they’ve moved on from that “eye out” bollocks, why the hell is there not room for Rey on this card? Last time I watched, he was still brilliant.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I’m massively out of touch but... if he’s been wrestling again I.e. they’ve moved on from that “eye out” bollocks, why the hell is there not room for Rey on this card? Last time I watched, he was still brilliant.

He's stuck trying to win the SmackDown tag titles on Friday.

6 hours ago, Philjax said:

This will be on the Network right? I haven't been following what all this Peacock bollocks is.

Peacock is a streaming service run by the NBC network in the US, they bought the rights to 'host' WWE Network on the platform over there as an addon similar to Star and Hulu on Disney Plus (depending where you are in the world) or the various addons on Amazon Prime (without the extra cost)

• Paid Members

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-president-nick-khan-ronda-rousey-becky-lynch-will-return-338011

During an appearance on Colin Cowherd's podcast Wednesday, WWE president Nick Khan said both Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch will return.

In talking about WrestleMania 35 when Rousey vs. Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair headlined the show and the popularity of female wrestlers in general, Khan made a point to say Rousey would return "at a certain point in time" and Lynch would return ""at a certain point of time...in the not-too-distant future."

There’s my dream scenario for getting Bayley on the card. Bayley hosts her talk show, promising the biggest guest of all time. Out comes Ronda. But before she can even speak Becky’s music hits. They have a stare down, announce the match for next year’s Wrestlemania and everyone promises that Charlotte will not be involved.

I’m never ever going to be able to let this go.