Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

Drew has been telling everyone on twitter that he always wanted to be the first person to walk out when the fans returned.  I think he's just trying to save face because it's obvious that most people would prefer to see Banks V Belair in the main event.

I keep getting fairly excited about watching this with fans being back and it being WrestleMania n all, I’ve watched so little WWE since the pandemic so I know I’ll enjoy it.

But then it hits me that fans are there for this but then from RAW it’s straight back to the thunderdome until August with no fans whatsoever, so it just kills it as I know I’ll literally have no interest whatsoever once WrestleMania is over. It then feels pointless wasting 6 hours this weekend on something I’ll have no interest in to follow up until SummerSlam probably.

Edited by Doog

4 hours ago, Perry said:

Drew has been telling everyone on twitter that he always wanted to be the first person to walk out when the fans returned.  I think he's just trying to save face because it's obvious that most people would prefer to see Banks V Belair in the main event.

I can see part of it being genuine. Sometimes crowds burn out for the main event anyway. Might not be such an issue over two nights but at least Drew knows he'll have a decent reaction.

4 hours ago, Perry said:

I would argue that the first match back in front of fans is of more historical significance - it’s undeniably a huge moment. 

Plus, the audience will be red hot for that match and it’ll be all the more memorable as a result. 

18 minutes ago, Doog said:

I keep getting fairly excited about watching this with fans being back and it being WrestleMania n all, I’ve watched so little WWE since the pandemic so I know I’ll enjoy it.

But then it hits me that fans are there for this but then from RAW it’s straight back to the thunderdome until August with no fans whatsoever, so it just kills it as I know I’ll literally have no interest whatsoever once WrestleMania is over. It then feels pointless wasting 6 hours this weekend on something I’ll have no interest in to follow up until SummerSlam probably.

It’s because Mania is outdoors, simple as that. It’s still far too soon for full arenas yet, NXT only has around 50+ at the Performance Centre (though they made extra seating for Takeover) and AEW only has around 1500 at Daily’s Place even though that’s pretty much outdoors

UFC is going to be the big tester for arena shows in 2 weeks time when they run Vegas

2 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

It’s because Mania is outdoors, simple as that. It’s still far too soon for full arenas yet, NXT only has around 50+ at the Performance Centre (though they made extra seating for Takeover) and AEW only has around 1500 at Daily’s Place even though that’s pretty much outdoors

UFC is going to be the big tester for arena shows in 2 weeks time when they run Vegas

They are in Jacksonville for 261 in 2 weeks then in Houston for 262. I think the plan for next Vegas event is 264 (McGregor vs Poirier) on July 10th. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Doog said:

But then it hits me that fans are there for this but then from RAW it’s straight back to the thunderdome until August with no fans whatsoever, so it just kills it as I know I’ll literally have no interest whatsoever once WrestleMania is over. 

Saying that though, its quite nice to just dip in and watch things as stand alone shows from time to time. I have close to zero interest in the WWE product these days but when i do tune in on the odd occasion i do find myself enjoying it. Mania as a standalone spectacle with the fans should fit the bill.

Completely suckered in by that reveal video. This weekend's all about the fans and performers at the end of the day. Everyone's going to have a great time, and it'll probably be special enough to elevate the show. 

46 minutes ago, BigJag said:

It's Wrestlemania Day!

The Cannon effect is fun.

Not a big fan of the presenters. Didn't the lady presenting with Graves. Get sacked recently? Or was that somebody else?

That was Charley Caruso, she wasn’t sacked, she quit as she was working for ESPN anyway during her WWE run so signed a full time deal

Kayla Braxton, who hosted the reveal there and the 2021 part of Tuesday’s Hall of Fame broadcast, seems to have been promoted to main social media girl since Renee and now Charley have left as she does the Smackdown post show as well as The Bump and the PPV pre shows