Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't know what percentage of the overall audience it accounts for, but Wrestlemania normally attracts a lot of international fans, and without them being able to travel (because even if they're able to travel into Florida, chances are they have to self-isolate on the return), that might have an impact. I don't think many states have quarantine/interstate travel restrictions any more, but even if the communication is just to discourage travel, it's still going to have a major impact. 

9 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yep my first thought was that WrestleMania is usually a huge deal for a worldwide audience and always brings people in from all over. Without that they were always going to suffer plus there's still a lot of people that simply aren't comfortable with getting out there and doing something "normal" like this at the moment. I don't think the card really has anything to do with it. Mania sells itself under normal circumstances.

I was thinking with the reduced attendance it wouldn't make as much of an impact but yeah, I think you're both right with the international fans. Also seeing the guidelines for those attending would also put me off going :)

• Paid Members

Im shocked it’s Wrestlemania week and we’ve not heard anything about WWE copying the Super Bowl by literally papering the crowd with cardboard cut-outs. It made the crowd look far better than a smattering of people amongst tens of thousands of empty seats earlier this year.

image.jpeg.8f14682aebbedf741f4bbeccf40c73c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.14b727c48f0b9ac78e9f379f5f6e813e.jpeg

Supposedly people were paying the NFL a hundred dollars just to have their cardboard cut-out displayed in the crowd! It seemed a no-brainier that WWE would follow suit. The only reason I can come up with as for why they haven’t done it is that they don’t trust fans to not take the piss like they did at the start of Thunderome. They’re probably terrified they’ll get sent tens of thousands of Chris Benoit cut-outs.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

They've got most of the wrestlers that feature on the card telling fans to grab their tickets on twitter with links to Ticketmaster.  I bet Green Shirt Guy has tickets for both nights.

I dont think they've ever done that before. Just shows how low wrestling has fallen. I know fans have mixed emotions about going to the show becuase of their safety but I do reckon in any other time in the past they would not have had a problem selling out their limited seats for Wrestlemania

Edited by MEGABUCKS

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BigJag said:

$2000 for front row!? That's almost £1500. What made them think they could charge that amount? 

Because they know some dickheads will pay it.

3 hours ago, MEGABUCKS said:

I dont think they've ever done that before. Just shows how low wrestling has fallen. I know fans have mixed emotions about going to the show becuase of their safety but I do reckon in any other time in the past they would not have had a problem selling out their limited seats for Wrestlemania

Even their limited amount is fairly substantial and over two nights.

7 hours ago, BigJag said:

$2000 for front row!? That's almost £1500. What made them think they could charge that amount? 

It’s been that way for about a decade, and as @air_raidsaid it’s because they know some fans will pay that.
The same way KISS charge to watch them soundcheck, if you’ve got people willing to pay that, then why wouldn’t you. I’m not saying it’s right, but you’d be a fool not take their money if they’re willing to pay

• Paid Members

A quick check on Ticketmaster shows that they've pretty much sold out. Unless WWE are using multiple vendors.

I'm genuinely surprised that in the current climate people are snapping up the opportunity for what on the face of it is a very lacklustre looking Mania. One that will also not have the support events around it. Does that area of the country have much in the way of attractions to draw people in for a bit more than just Wrestlemania? 

15 minutes ago, BigJag said:

A quick check on Ticketmaster shows that they've pretty much sold out. Unless WWE are using multiple vendors.

I'm genuinely surprised that in the current climate people are snapping up the opportunity for what on the face of it is a very lacklustre looking Mania. One that will also not have the support events around it. Does that area of the country have much in the way of attractions to draw people in for a bit more than just Wrestlemania? 

I don’t think it’s surprising at all. People haven’t been able to go out for over a year. If someone said to me you can buy a ticket to a Spurs for £150 but Kane and Son won’t play and Dier and Winks will play up front, and you’re playing Leyton Orient youth team I’d be all over it in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

I suspect most people going will be locals.   Without Axxess, Raw etc I can't imagine many people flying across the country to go, although obviously some are.   Although the amount of indy shows taking place is still surprisingly high.

It's been said that about 40% of people who go to Wrestlemania usually are from the host city.

I don't think the quality of the lineup matters much to people choosing to go this year, like it ever does anyway.  People go to Wrestlemania for the experience, rarely for a specific match or wrestler and this year is going to be a unique experience for sure.

Meltzer's report makes out like it's some big issue, then says at the end says there's 800 tickets left.   I don't think that's a big issue, I'd say that's pretty normal and if there' one year where having some empty seats isn't going to matter for the presentation, it's this year.