Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

First one was supposed to be his neckbreaker but you can see how awkward it was for Ricky to turn out of that squatting position in the O'Connor roll.

I remember Bobby doing that version of the Samoan drop during a squash match teaming with Arn in 1992. Not actually a bad way of bundling someone up.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 hours ago, Fog Dude said:

You've completely erased his brief spell as the mouthpiece for Rodney Mack from your mind then. Can't say I blame you.

Actually to be fair that could easily fall under the "stealing a living" heading.

He managed quite a few people during that run. The aforementioned Rodney Mack but also D’Lo, Jazz, Mark Henry and Chris Nowinski in Thuggin’ and Buggin enterprises. None to any great success granted. 

Posted
53 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Did Bobby Eaton invent the RKO/Diamond Cutter

John Laurinaitis debuted the move during his first match for AJPW in 1988, having invented the move the year before.

On a different note, I came across this picture of Test from the summer of '06 again recently and I cannot fucking believe they had the balls to sign this guy literally a few months after implementing the Wellness Policy. 

Jesus Christ.

26_ECW_07042006jg195R.jpg

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

John Laurinaitis debuted the move during his first match for AJPW in 1988, having invented the move the year before.

Fair enough. Had no idea he was using it as early as that. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Dai said:

Because of that picture I went down a little Ice Train rabbit hole. Two things I learnt:

1) His original theme music really was crap. 

2) In May of 1999, he signed a 3 year contract for 150k per year the first year, and then followed by 200k and 250k, all for pissing about as MI Smooth. Crazy money. 

Man, doesn't he only show up in late 2000/early 2001 as well? 😂 

Posted
11 hours ago, Dai said:

Because of that picture I went down a little Ice Train rabbit hole. Two things I learnt:

1) His original theme music really was crap. 

2) In May of 1999, he signed a 3 year contract for 150k per year the first year, and then followed by 200k and 250k, all for pissing about as MI Smooth. Crazy money. 

What's the trouble with his music? Not exactly Real American or Pomp and Circumstance but I thought it fit him.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Blackman, Christopher, Shamrock, Animal, Droz, Bart Gunn? Can't place back right.

I think it's Scott Taylor.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Jesse Godderz of the Bro-Mans front and centre there. They know who the real stars are.

The former Rik Boogs in there too, of course.

Posted
5 hours ago, Statto said:

Jesse Godderz of the Bro-Mans front and centre there. They know who the real stars are.

The former Rik Boogs in there too, of course.

Using the same name as the UK’s no less, unless that’s just the brand of lycra they’re sporting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...