Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Rare Yellowy/Orange Sid…

bm41v.gif

I know the strictly black trunks WWF run in 96/97 when he won the title is probably his most fondly remembered but I quite liked colourful Sid myself. Not so much a fan of the singlet look in around 1990 WCW which his Galoob was based on but colourful pants Sid always looked the business to me. He should’ve rocked the yellow/orange more than he did. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Rare Yellowy/Orange Sid…

bm41v.gif

I know the strictly black trunks WWF run in 96/97 when he won the title is probably his most fondly remembered but I quite liked colourful Sid myself. Not so much a fan of the singlet look in around 1990 WCW which his Galoob was based on but colourful pants Sid always looked the business to me. He should’ve rocked the yellow/orange more than he did. 

Sid Justice light blue or red trunks and miniature mullet is my favourite Sid. God what a specimen. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Sid Justice light blue or red trunks and miniature mullet is my favourite Sid. God what a specimen. 

Yeah, the light blue ones at Rumble 92 were class. And the red always reminds me of him returning to WCW in 93, casually strolling out at Slamboree like a boss to destroy Van Hammer in seconds.

Just look at him…

bm4Oj.gif

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chico Torres said:

What a magnificent bastard Sidney was. The ultimate wrestler look and pissing charisma while destroying jobbers.

Even Singlet Sid was awesome, just look at this fucker.

spacer.png

That's the UK Galoob attire, too. I think it may have been an exclusive to here, definitely the one I had before there was a Hasbro.

spacer.png

Singlet era was Horseman era, right? 

Him and Baz should have been destroying everyone as a tag team.

spacer.png

Edited by Merzbow
  • Paid Members
Posted

OK, I’ll admit he still looked ace in the singlet but it’s Sid. He had arguably the best look in wrestling history, easily Top 5 anyway in my opinion. Trunks Sid is definitely superior though. Like Rick Rude said, “it’s an upper body business, brother”. And If you’ve got an upper body like Sid, why cover any of it up?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ah you’re probably right. It would’ve been around that time.

While I’m here, alternate reality King Of The Ring 97…

IMG-8006.jpg

IMG-8007.jpg

These were both in the original lineup for the show. Always fascinated me to think about how different things might’ve played out if these matches had gone ahead at the time. Not so much Austin vs Pillman. It’s a shame they never got at least one PPV singles match against each other and there was definitely mileage in them doing a lot more stuff together down the road given their history. But they ended up having the match they were probably gonna have here on Raw not long after this.

The Bret vs Shawn one is interesting though because if they wrestled here, there’s surely less chance they’re wrestling each other again at Survivor Series a few months later. Maybe they would still but it definitely feels like this could’ve changed the course of a lot of things that went on at the end of 97. If they’re not asking Bret to lose to Shawn on the way out, Bret and Shawn don’t have that convo where Shawn says “thanks for saying you’d put me over but I’m not doing the same for you” or whatever it was and the Screwjob might never even happen. Bret goes to WCW, the heel Vince character was probably coming anyway but maybe not at that point.

Then again, this Bret vs Shawn match at KOTR was that one with the weird stipulations where it’d be a 10 minute time limit (guessing due to Bret’s knee injury) and if Bret couldn’t beat him in that time he’d never wrestle in the US again. So maybe they would’ve still wrestled at Survivor Series. A match like that is more angle than match and had to be setting up a proper match later. They’d have had to have Bret beat Shawn inside the 10 minutes somehow as well, presumably with outside interference by his Hart Foundation henchmen, because you can’t have no Bret on US cards obviously.

I’ve rambled but I love thinking about these alternate timelines where original plans actually happened instead of what we got. 

Posted
On 3/20/2026 at 4:15 PM, Merzbow said:

More lads on their hols.

spacer.png

In the "cool, sexy, double hard motherfucker" stakes I see your "New Japan lads on their hols" and raise you "Rick Rude with a cigar holding a fish he probably caught with his bare hands".

May be an image of fishing and polaroid

Posted
On 3/20/2026 at 10:34 PM, Chico Torres said:

What a magnificent bastard Sidney was. The ultimate wrestler look and pissing charisma while destroying jobbers.

Even Singlet Sid was awesome, just look at this fucker.

spacer.png

I remember seeing this photo in an issue of PWI in 1990. Not really having any knowledge of 'the other lot' I thought it was Mr. Perfect who had bulked up and aged really rather badly.  

Posted
10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Lee Herbert continues to share some absolute gold on Twitter.

20260322_221007.thumb.jpg.af289f6029f71594d7ff07ee9f790da6.jpg

A thing of beauty! I think with the exception of Supertape IV every single one of these passed through my VHS player back in the day. No kid obviously owned every single one, but by building up a sophisticated network at school, and with the half dozen I owned, it was possible to lend and borrow all of these at some point.  I don't think I ever saw those Survivor Series, Wrestlemanias, Summerslams etc. in chronological order. 

Tell you what though - that World Tour 89/90 tape was utter sh't! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...