The Reverend Posted January 15 Posted January 15 9 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said: Chances are it could have been filmed. There was a rare Bret/Andre singles match from the a day later in Milan that was included on Bret's Dungeon Collection DVD set some years back. I wouldn't be too shocked to see the wonderful folks at the WWE Vault YouTube channel unearth it one day. Absolutely - I think though that the Bret vs Andre match was a match specifically filmed for Italian TV so they just dug into their archives, whereas the Bret Vs Rude was just on a house show in Italy. But yep, you're right let's never say never and let's hope it ends up on the Vault. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 15 Paid Members Posted January 15 Yeah the only reason I held out hope for a while that it was recorded was because of that Bret vs Andre match off the same tour being taped. But yeah, I think if it was taped, it would’ve made it onto one of Bret’s DVDs considering he had major input in the choice of matches that were included plus how highly he’s always spoken of Rude. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted January 17 Paid Members Posted January 17 Everything ends. Eve Hiroshi Tanahashi's amazing hair. Just try to remember the good times. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 30 Paid Members Posted January 30 Muta and Bret. Now there’s a dream match I’ve never even thought about until now. Both were at their peak in roughly the same period of time as well, late 80s through the 90s. I bet they could’ve created some magic together back then. Quote
Dai Posted January 30 Posted January 30 Mutoh hasn't aged in over 20 years. Looks fantastic, and the same as he did in 2001. Even back then, people were saying his knees were so bad he would be in a wheelchair sooner rather than later. Last time I saw he was still mobile. Must have had the Rey Mysterio stem cell treatment. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 30 Paid Members Posted January 30 3 hours ago, Dai said: Last time I saw he was still mobile. You can't have seen him recently! Quote
Dai Posted January 30 Posted January 30 (edited) 2 hours ago, BomberPat said: You can't have seen him recently! Oh no! Really? I think the last time I seen him was on a youtube vid of an AEW appearance with Sting. Is it not good now? Edited January 30 by Dai Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 30 Paid Members Posted January 30 His last run with NOAH was hard to watch at times, and he's been in and out of a wheelchair when out of the ring for a few years now. Quote
Dai Posted January 30 Posted January 30 Oh dear. Gutting to hear, but just looking at his cage match and he was wrestling up until a few years back, so sort of seemed inevitable that it would be like that. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 30 Posted January 30 6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: Muta and Bret. Now there’s a dream match I’ve never even thought about until now. Both were at their peak in roughly the same period of time as well, late 80s through the 90s. I bet they could’ve created some magic together back then. It would have been possible too when Bret was in WCW - they still had the New Japan connection and Muta worked there in 1998 while Bret was active. Sadly they felt it more important to put him with Disco Inferno and Alex Wright but, hey ho. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted January 30 Posted January 30 Did Muta make it into one of the WCW games? He's someone I was aware of long before I had access to dirt sheets (along with Chono and a couple of others) and I can't imagine how else I'd have discovered them in the late 90s. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 30 Posted January 30 9 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said: Did Muta make it into one of the WCW games? He's someone I was aware of long before I had access to dirt sheets (along with Chono and a couple of others) and I can't imagine how else I'd have discovered them in the late 90s. He was in WCW Vs The World on PS1 but not officially, I think I first saw him on Eurosport though as they had NJPW for a short time and I distinctly remember seeing him in full entrance gear. Quote
King Mal the Glorious Posted February 10 Posted February 10 Ron Simmons, Undertaker, Rikishi and Dracula: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.