Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

@Browser Brady

When you can’t find the Sky remote…

IMG-0047.jpg

He looks like a hench Count Orlok from Nosferatu 

Edited by gmoney
Draclea's monster
  • Paid Members
Posted
43 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

Thank you sir, whats the trick in embedding?

It’s a paid privilege (So send £5 to the UKFF fund every twenty years)

  • Paid Members
Posted
48 minutes ago, Supremo said:

This is cool. My favourite wrestling photographs are in the genre, “send this back in time five years and everyone’s heads would explode.”

IMG_4036.thumb.jpeg.06733655070b9bcace6c1ecefa181e6e.jpeg

This one is cooler

image.thumb.jpeg.9936c677011379b0053b3a0746388616.jpeg

 

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Never seen this pic before, Gary Michael Cappetta tweeted it. Steve Austin and Muhammad Ali. 

IMG-8494.jpg

Guessing this was backstage at Halloween Havoc 94. Ali was sat ringside that night which provided a cool moment when Vader kind of broke character during his entrance to mark out for him. He goes over to the railings where Ali’s sitting and starts doing his “Who’s the man? Who’s the man?” bit, but then you clearly hear him say to Ali “No, you’re the man”.

As for Austin, he lost to Jim Duggan for the second straight PPV in a row that night. This time at least just by DQ though, he got squashed by Hacksaw in 35 seconds at Fall Brawl the month before. No doubt meeting Ali backstage was easily the highlight of Stunning Steve’s night. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

Apologies for the Tweet but this is a great picture :

 

 

fantastic 

Awesome photo. Something I've clocked and now understand a bit more in old footage is wrestlers during their entrance, specifically posing for the independent ringside photographers (when they allowed them there) when they're in the ring and it's where you get cool never really seen stuff like that fantastic photo above.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Rude vs Bret! Rude vs Bret! Rude vs Bret!

bhAKb.gif

Completely forgot about this little interaction. That one singles match they had in Italy in 89 is never surfacing, don’t think it was even filmed. If they had it, we’d surely have seen it by now. So unless I’m overlooking something, this is all we ever got of them clashing on camera. Don’t think they even crossed paths in a Rumble did they? As much as I enjoyed a lot of Rude’s WCW run, I wish he’d stayed around a bit longer in the WWF. We were bound to get Bret vs Rude at some point in 91/92. A crying shame.

While I’m here and on the subject of Rude, was there ever a wrestler who looked more boss with a title belt around their waist than Ravishing Rick? He should’ve always had a belt. 

IMG-7817.jpg

Rotten match with Flair aside, what a picture! 

Edited by wandshogun09
Posted
18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Rude vs Bret! Rude vs Bret! Rude vs Bret!

bhAKb.gif

Completely forgot about this little interaction. That one singles match they had in Italy in 89 is never surfacing, don’t think it was even filmed. If they had it, we’d surely have seen it by now. So unless I’m overlooking something, this is all we ever got of them clashing on camera. Don’t think they even crossed paths in a Rumble did they? As much as I enjoyed a lot of Rude’s WCW run, I wish he’d stayed around a bit longer in the WWF. We were bound to get Bret vs Rude at some point in 91/92. A crying shame.

While I’m here and on the subject of Rude, was there ever a wrestler who looked more boss with a title belt around their waist than Ravishing Rick? He should’ve always had a belt. 

IMG-7817.jpg

Rotten match with Flair aside, what a picture! 

I live in hope that the Vault release that match one day - but as it was in Italy I'm guessing the WWF wasn't hauling all of their video equipment out there (I think there is a lot of house show stuff that the WWF did film) and knowing Bret he would've asked if it was available for those DVD sets they did on him - so sadly I think you're right. Lost forever!  

Posted

Chances are it could have been filmed. There was a rare Bret/Andre singles match from the a day later in Milan that was included on Bret's Dungeon Collection DVD set some years back. I wouldn't be too shocked to see the wonderful folks at the WWE Vault YouTube channel unearth it one day.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...