Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Shawn holding the Intercontinental belt so it’s far more prominent than Diesel’s World Title belt is brilliant. Could’ve been completely accidental. But it’s Shawn and it’s the 90s. Had the focus not been on his belt he’d have probably spat in the photographer’s face.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Dai said:

Is that a real screen grab? If so, its phenomenal that in one moment they have captured every character by their facial feature.

Yeah got it off some Twitter account but can’t remember the name now (edit - it was Rob Naylor’s Twitter). I’m guessing it’s from a promo for that Raw match in late 95 when those three faced Camp Cornette. Either that or it’s one of those promos that would air in specific markets for upcoming house shows?

On a similar note but a few years earlier, look at this for a team…

IMG-5470.jpg

Edited by wandshogun09
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

In 2008, after his son was jailed for causing a drunken car crash that left Nick’s friend permanently disabled, Hulk Hogan did what any normal, worried parent would do. He called Nick to…*checks notes*…express his concerns that karma might bring them back as black people?!

“I just hope we don't come back as a couple, I don't want to say it, blizz-ack gizz-uys, you know what I'm saying?"

Anyway, here’s scumbag Nick revealing Hulk’s statue during Wrestlemania week.

IMG_5840.thumb.jpeg.4501ff5b5d5adb4bb8d470e009dce234.jpeg

Edited by Supremo
Posted
On 4/9/2026 at 7:12 AM, SaitoRyo said:

Yokozuna and Shinjiro Otani teaming up on an All Star Wrestling show on October 3rd, 2000, three weeks before Yoko passed away. 

HFZTV7wb0AAVGXN?format=jpg&name=large

Sadly so very few results from either of these guys time in the UK exists. 

It seems like there are copious results from the 80s and the early 90s, and then extensive results from the mid-2000s to present day but almost none (comparatively) for the mid-to-late 90s and early 2000s. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Sadly so very few results from either of these guys time in the UK exists. 

It seems like there are copious results from the 80s and the early 90s, and then extensive results from the mid-2000s to present day but almost none (comparatively) for the mid-to-late 90s and early 2000s. 

Is that in the Morecambe dome?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a recent pic that caught my eye from Minoru Suzuki's match in Singapore against local meaty lad Da Butcherman, absolutely spectacular shot.

spacer.png

Posted
On 4/17/2026 at 9:24 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Sadly so very few results from either of these guys time in the UK exists. 

It seems like there are copious results from the 80s and the early 90s, and then extensive results from the mid-2000s to present day but almost none (comparatively) for the mid-to-late 90s and early 2000s. 

I was at the show later that month in Croydon (17th October) where both Yokozuna and Ohtani worked. If I remember correctly, Ohtani came out to 'Japanese Boy' by Aneka. Marty Janetty, Greg Valentine, Skinner and Doink (or some version of Doink) were also on the card. Janetty worked against a guy called Billy Benoit, who was clearly a Chris Benoit rip-off, even down to the blue tights with red claw marks. Never found out who Billy Benoit was, but he was decent.

Within a week of the event, Yokozuna would be dead and I would be phoning around hospitals on Afa's behalf to find his body in between 6th form lectures. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
28 minutes ago, Roy said:

 Janetty worked against a guy called Billy Benoit, who was clearly a Chris Benoit rip-off, even down to the blue tights with red claw marks. Never found out who Billy Benoit was, but he was decent.

I have been able to find one video of Billy Benoit, being interviewed by Mad Eli of all people;

 

 

He was apparently billed as Chris Benoit's cousin, but God knows who he was. If I had to guess - random Canadian wrestler, probably from Bruce Hart's efforts to restart Stampede around that time, working for All Star on excursion. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Roy said:

I was at the show later that month in Croydon (17th October) where both Yokozuna and Ohtani worked. If I remember correctly, Ohtani came out to 'Japanese Boy' by Aneka. Marty Janetty, Greg Valentine, Skinner and Doink (or some version of Doink) were also on the card. Janetty worked against a guy called Billy Benoit, who was clearly a Chris Benoit rip-off, even down to the blue tights with red claw marks. Never found out who Billy Benoit was, but he was decent.

Within a week of the event, Yokozuna would be dead and I would be phoning around hospitals on Afa's behalf to find his body in between 6th form lectures. 

Yeah I saw a variation of that in Margate in about October of 2000.

I still remember the card (ah, autism).

James Mason beat Scott "The Body" Conway

Robbie Brookside beat Skinner (Steve Keirn)

The Bushwhackers beat Tagori (James Mason) and Dusty Wolfe

The Flatliner defeated Doink (possibly Dusty Wolfe)

James Mason went to a time-limit draw with Robbie Brookside (so, James worked three times)

Marty Jannetty (coming out to "Real Slim Shady" by Eminem) defeated Billy Benoit.

I have no idea who Billy Benoit is/was but he looks a bit like a Benoit/Rob Van Dam hybrid.

 

Posted
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I have been able to find one video of Billy Benoit, being interviewed by Mad Eli of all people;

 

 

He was apparently billed as Chris Benoit's cousin, but God knows who he was. If I had to guess - random Canadian wrestler, probably from Bruce Hart's efforts to restart Stampede around that time, working for All Star on excursion. 

Ahaha what a find! That's great @BomberPat, thanks for digging that up. He was suprisingly decent in the ring, though it probably helped that he was working Marty Janetty. Seems like a decent talker on the strength of that - I wonder what he went on to do?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...