Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

And it's that time of year where people start upsetting me with "Chrimbo."

My mother says “Chrimble” but I give her a pass because she’s my mother.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, scratchdj said:

My and a mate send each other those in store infomercials you get at places like Dunelm and The Range (no, me neither).

Big fan of this. The best infomercial I’ve seen of late was at the entrance to Cromer Pier advertising their summer shows. They had changed to the lyrics to Shakira’s Africa (Waka Waka etc) to “It’s time for Cromer Pier!” At the end. So tinpot. So tinpot and tacky that of course I bought tickets and enjoyed it. Because I’m sad. 

As usual, this says more about me than anything but I get well annoyed at not being believed when people are being polite. For example, when asked if I want a tea or coffee, or something to snack and I politely decline, I don’t need to be asked a further four times if I’m sure or if I have changed my mind. 

I’ve practically given up on answering “What do you want for Christmas/birthday”, I might just start saying “For people to respect me when I say I don’t celebrate them” Either that or say I’ve become a Jehovahs Witness, people might respect that. 

I also hate anyone who replies with a Mrs Doyle gif. 

• Paid Members

So there's a local taxi firm who we used to use a few times a month, in September I tried to make a booking on their app. The app just crashed. I didn't receive any confirmation texts like usual, nor was there a record on the app when I restarted it. I decided to use a different company for that journey. An hour later, after I had got home, the first company rang me to say the driver was there. I said the booking hadn't gone through so I'd made my own way home. The dickhead said he was taking the payment anyway as the app wasn't his fault. So, as I was both drunk and annoyed, I called the taxi office only to be told by the first guy that there was no booking on the system and he'd get his colleague to check. The second person said she found the booking and because of the issues would sort out a refund. 

3 weeks later I asked my card company to dispute the charge.

An hour ago they finally called me. The prat controller insisted that I'm in the wrong as I should have called when the app crashed so I could cancel my booking. I pointed out I *tried* to book, but the app failed. Sir Toppam Twat then asked me why I kept mentioning the app as I had booked so it wasn't his problem. He'd refund me, but I was blocked from using them again.

Anyway. My minor annoyance is shit apps. 

Not really perfect for this thread, but being the UKFF we don't have a "things that are great" thread, so..

Has anyone else noticed that when you buy a new item of clothing, the first time you wear it they stay fresh for a lot longer than any subsequent time?

Like I bought some really nice Jeep socks, I'm wearing them still 4 days in where normally I wear socks for one day, two tops.  I've noticed the same is true if you buy a new shirt or T-shirt, it has this one-off long life and then once you've washed it once, it's business as usual.

I assume they spray new clothes with some special chemical to enable this.