Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

At a work conference in Blackpool and forgot to get a receipt for my overpriced hotel breakfast. Pah.

Can you not do a screenshot of your bank statement, or will they not accept that? Thoughts with you at this troubling time x

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, kieranjennings said:

Only You was a Christmas Number one though for the Flying Pickets, so it is a Christmas hit to be fair 

Bob the Builder was a Christmas number one. So was Mr Blobby. Doesn’t make them Christmas songs.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

And now I've been reminded of Gary Jules' wank version of Mad World, which beat Don't Let the Bells End and Proper Crimbo to no.1.

A travesty. Also during a gig a few Christmases ago I saw The Darkness and they rolled out their festive classic. A masterpiece. 

• Paid Members

Again bordering on major annoyances, but London Underground stock simply isn't fit for moden day purpose. The Piccadilly Line stock in particular dates back to 1973 - even with some interior refurbishment, the lack of walk-through provisions and the chronic lack of space for such a busy and widely used line is baffling to me. The doors take ages to close and the trains' acceleration has all the force of an ant passing wind. 

A new tube for London is supposed to arrive in 2024/2025. So you can bet it won't be ready until 2030 at the earliest. 

5 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Double-post wanker so apologies. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63857329

This is a news story about the newly crowned 'word of the year' according to Oxford. The winning entry has two words. 

I can't be the only person visibly distraught by this. 

Don’t scroll down to see the previous words of the year. You’ll have an aneurysm. Or a “Brain whoopsie” to coin next years WOTY