Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

At a work conference in Blackpool and forgot to get a receipt for my overpriced hotel breakfast. Pah.

 

 

 

Can you not do a screenshot of your bank statement, or will they not accept that? Thoughts with you at this troubling time x

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The Cranberryfication of everything as soon as it gets to mid November

At least it doesn't linger.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, kieranjennings said:

Only You was a Christmas Number one though for the Flying Pickets, so it is a Christmas hit to be fair 

 

Bob the Builder was a Christmas number one. So was Mr Blobby. Doesn’t make them Christmas songs.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

And now I've been reminded of Gary Jules' wank version of Mad World, which beat Don't Let the Bells End and Proper Crimbo to no.1.

A travesty. Also during a gig a few Christmases ago I saw The Darkness and they rolled out their festive classic. A masterpiece. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Can you not do a screenshot of your bank statement, or will they not accept that? Thoughts with you at this troubling time x

So they can see my shameful amount of Justeat orders? No thanks. I'll take the loss.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

So they can see my shameful amount of Justeat orders? No thanks. I'll take the loss.

Can you not email the hotel? I imagine you won’t be the first to ask for a receipt to claim as a business expense. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Probably, I'm here overnight so I'll ask in the morning. Worst they can say is no and I'm a dickhead.

On the plus side, I've had quite a lot of free booze, so I'm technically up in monetary value of this trip.

Posted
51 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Fluff from my hats sticking to my bald head once I take my hat off!

Absolutely. Also add in a new towel: a lovely sensation for the follicly-blessed, I'm sure, but a haven of fluff and debris on the scalp of the bald man.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Again bordering on major annoyances, but London Underground stock simply isn't fit for moden day purpose. The Piccadilly Line stock in particular dates back to 1973 - even with some interior refurbishment, the lack of walk-through provisions and the chronic lack of space for such a busy and widely used line is baffling to me. The doors take ages to close and the trains' acceleration has all the force of an ant passing wind. 

A new tube for London is supposed to arrive in 2024/2025. So you can bet it won't be ready until 2030 at the earliest. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Double-post wanker so apologies. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63857329

This is a news story about the newly crowned 'word of the year' according to Oxford. The winning entry has two words. 

I can't be the only person visibly distraught by this. 

Don’t scroll down to see the previous words of the year. You’ll have an aneurysm. Or a “Brain whoopsie” to coin next years WOTY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...