Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 11/16/2022 at 1:24 PM, Gus Mears said:

I asked someone if I could take the seat next to them when they had a bag on the spare once. They said no. Needless to say I gave them a piece of my mind (said nothing and stood in the aisle like a twat).

When we were on holiday there was a group of girls staying in the same hotel and my friend went over to start talking to them and spotting the empty seat asked "Do you mind if i sit here" They were friendly and said "no"

At this point his brain broke, he heard "no" and just blankly stood there for what seemed like ages then turned and walked off, not realising that they meant they didn't mind and it was fine to sit down.

 

He walked back over to us, still confused and we had to talk him through it, while pissing ourselves laughing. His response was " Shall i write them a note to explain" We still all think he's an idiot.

  • Paid Members
Posted
38 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

It's why I only wear sandals, crocs and carpet slippers

You must look a right zoon when you go down the shops

 

29 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

I live in Halesowen

Ohh, nevermind

  • Paid Members
Posted
30 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

I live in Halesowen, no train station here. Are u local?

Maybe it was Cradley Heath he parked the car in then. I have in my head it was Halesowen, but its a journey I made by that route only once, in 2005, so the only detail I remember reliably is we got on at Witton and didn't get off at New Street. Apart from the word for word verbiage between Lurch and his mate, which haunts me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Getting rather sick of ITVs never ending adverts for seemingly never ending shows about absolute nobodies, for the viewing pleasure of morons. Who, pray tell, are “Ekin-Su and Davide” and why should I give a shit? Or the endless procession of dunces with nothing of value to say in their hideous “Essix” chirping? Why do people become obsessed with the real lives of people with no notable achievements or talent, do they not get enough real life about average people from…. you know, real life?

  • Paid Members
Posted

The man next to me on the train this morning, humming the same 2 second thing over and over. I’m not usually so miserable but felt like I could have smashed my head into the window today. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not to get a bit "old man shouts at cloud" but......

NOW, I love Christmas, but I think its getting daft how suddenly everything can be Christmas. Over the last few years, starting with John Lewis but now all over, stores have been fashioning Christmas stuff out of everything. I know you might be into it, but having a camera/piano/mushroom/broccoli/phone box/joypad ornament hanging off the tree is just so weird to me. Like... what do any of these have to do with Christmas? It's just so weird to me. Then there's ET in a Santa outfit, glittery fucking dinosaurs with Santa hats on... I mean, what the actual fuck?

YES, I realize that a bloke in a red suit with a white beard giving out presents, stuffing a fowl with sage and bread, robins, polar bears, gingerbread, snowmen and so on have fuck all to do with a small brown baby being born in a cave in Palestine 2000 years ago either, but goddamn it, there's a line.

To add to this, its an awesome time of year to be reminded how some people have too much money. In a shop the other day Mrs raid remarked that she couldn't believe a napkin ring cost £8, until I pointed out that if you can afford to spunk away money on napkin rings then £8 probably won't seem like much money to you. Worse still, we were looking at some decorations elsewhere and a kid of about 10 was heard telling her mum to move the garlands somewhere else and that something needed moving to the "snug." Flashbacks of lockdown "set up an office in one of your spare rooms" bullshit came flashing back. "Snug." Tory wankers.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 11/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Saw someone with some super 90s wrap around Oakleys with untinted prescription lenses in. 

Louis Theroux Asked By Jimmy Savile Victim If He Feels He Was Also  'Groomed' By Entertainer | HuffPost UK News?

Posted

Called in sick today or the modern way, filled in my absence on an app which then opens up my job to be filled.

Get a message from my manager 2 hours later. Your job remains unfilled. No chance of coming in?

Second time this has happened. My last sick day was over 3 months ago.

Am I right to be annoyed?

Posted
18 hours ago, Version1.0 said:

Called in sick today or the modern way, filled in my absence on an app which then opens up my job to be filled.

Get a message from my manager 2 hours later. Your job remains unfilled. No chance of coming in?

Second time this has happened. My last sick day was over 3 months ago.

Am I right to be annoyed?

Absolutely. Its illegal too.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not sure if this a major or a minor annoyance, but the bloke on Twitter who flogs mattresses and keeps telling everyone to smash the day finishes his motivational musings by saying “aBOSH!”

Note the error I’ve deliberately included within the speech marks with the lack of a capital a. Why is the a even there in the first place? Won’t a singular “BOSH!” suffice? 

I sometimes use the phrase “Bish, bash, bosh” to describe a simple task or errand that could be completed by a simpleton. That in itself is questionable and I accept the consequences of my actions in that regard. But “aBOSH!”…Get in the bin. 

  • Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Not sure if this a major or a minor annoyance, but the bloke on Twitter who flogs mattresses and keeps telling everyone to smash the day finishes his motivational musings by saying “aBOSH!”

Note the error I’ve deliberately included within the speech marks with the lack of a capital a. Why is the a even there in the first place? Won’t a singular “BOSH!” suffice? 

I sometimes use the phrase “Bish, bash, bosh” to describe a simple task or errand that could be completed by a simpleton. That in itself is questionable and I accept the consequences of my actions in that regard. But “aBOSH!”…Get in the bin. 

He is annoying but let's not pretend that we don't want to all visit that cafe he goes to for breakfast. 

Chicken curry and chips/ beef casserole for breakfast from a greasy spoon?An eat clean king.

Posted

Watching a video of me scratching my cat's belly in Faceook;'s Memories section, which triggered Faceook's obviously broken AI to take it down as content which goes against their Community Standards, a decision I disagreed with so they rubber-stamped it without explanation 10 minutes later.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RalphyV2 said:

Hospital staff with poor hygiene. I was in hospital for around 24 hours a few days ago having some checks on my ticker, and many of the staff who checked me out who had horrendous B.O was alarming. In a profession that naturally things need to be clean, this unsettles me. Who is to know if they disregard the cleanliness of the equipment the same way they disregard showering ?

I understand anxieties around cleanliness and obviously I hope your ticker is on the mend, but I think this is unnecessarily harsh. Hospitals and the staff working in them are completely overwhelmed and often working insane hours to cover for staff shortages or emergencies causing backlogs in the system. The staff tending to you might have been completely rushed off their feet dashing between wards/departments or parts of the Hospital with different heating systems, all sorts, often working well after hours or covering extra days for colleagues who have been ill. The fact we have an NHS which effectively looks after people for free despite being under immense strain makes a little BO a small price to pay as well.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...