Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I must have endured it for a week after buying my first new telly in years and my brain automatically accepting that this is how things look now in the modern super duper hd era and as such must look better. It wasn’t until I asked my girlfriend if she thought it looked weird that I did the most unbritish man thing ever and consulted the instructions to turn it off.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Hi Steve, 

Happy Friday! 

 

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

This one's particularly irritating to me as I do shift work, so if I'm working on a Friday, it means I'm working Saturday and Sunday. So cheers Joylon from Marketing, I hope someone sells you some dodgy coke this weekend. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

When something prestigious like a sporting title/trophy/championship has a similar name but is of significantly less importance. 

For instance, there are sports where ‘The Masters’ is considered prestigious and has lots of prize money up for grabs. But then you have the ‘European Masters’ or the ‘World Masters’ etc and the price fund is significantly lower - it’s just a made-up name. Why can’t it be called something else?

Completely irrational but I’m working on the basis that I’m absolutely justified and any other opinion is wrong. 

  • Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

4CuAYJ.jpg

Edit: Yes, that is my reflection in the chrome of me taking the photo whilst also taking a shit. 

You're moaning about something being the wrong way round? 

Posted

Steve's not the backwards sitter, he's the porcelain sitter, which is why everything's higher in the frame than if most people had taken this photo.

  • 5 weeks later...
Posted

Cover versions that are neither better than the original nor different enough to justify their own recording. I'm being subjected to a stream of them right now and even with their own instruments it's just karaoke - not bad karaoke, but utterly pointless.

  • Paid Members
Posted
25 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

it's just karaoke

Didn’t know you knew kfogg

26 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

not bad karaoke

Ohh, never mind. 

Posted
32 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Cover versions that are neither better than the original nor different enough to justify their own recording. I'm being subjected to a stream of them right now and even with their own instruments it's just karaoke - not bad karaoke, but utterly pointless.

Have you ever been to Hobbycraft? They play knock off versions of songs over the speakers. Guessing it’s to save money but it’s a bit of an obsession of mine when I’m in there. 
 

Also, this sounds like Ian Browns gig last night. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Have you ever been to Hobbycraft? They play knock off versions of songs over the speakers. Guessing it’s to save money but it’s a bit of an obsession of mine when I’m in there. 

Aye, a common occurrence at retail outlets without the same budgets as some of the big hitters. An even worse trait are retail outlets that don't even play shit cover versions of popular songs - but play non-copyright randomly created pop songs. When I finished Uni and before I got my first proper industry job, I was doing double duty at Toys R Us and The Range (name a more iconic duo) and they both adopted this hideous musical strategy. Even over the Christmas period (which is good or bad depending on your viewpoint). 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter
  • Paid Members
Posted

You get a lot of that on Spotify. I only notice it when the original isn't on there for whatever reason, for example Nasty Girl by Vanity. I guess it fills a void, but they're usally just off enough as to not be enjoyable. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The only good cover song ever is Fine Young Cannibals' version of Ever fallen in love 

Their Suspicious Minds is the best recorded version. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...