Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

I must have endured it for a week after buying my first new telly in years and my brain automatically accepting that this is how things look now in the modern super duper hd era and as such must look better. It wasn’t until I asked my girlfriend if she thought it looked weird that I did the most unbritish man thing ever and consulted the instructions to turn it off.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Hi Steve, 

Happy Friday! 

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

This one's particularly irritating to me as I do shift work, so if I'm working on a Friday, it means I'm working Saturday and Sunday. So cheers Joylon from Marketing, I hope someone sells you some dodgy coke this weekend. 

• Paid Members

When something prestigious like a sporting title/trophy/championship has a similar name but is of significantly less importance. 

For instance, there are sports where ‘The Masters’ is considered prestigious and has lots of prize money up for grabs. But then you have the ‘European Masters’ or the ‘World Masters’ etc and the price fund is significantly lower - it’s just a made-up name. Why can’t it be called something else?

Completely irrational but I’m working on the basis that I’m absolutely justified and any other opinion is wrong. 

• 5 weeks later...

Cover versions that are neither better than the original nor different enough to justify their own recording. I'm being subjected to a stream of them right now and even with their own instruments it's just karaoke - not bad karaoke, but utterly pointless.

32 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Cover versions that are neither better than the original nor different enough to justify their own recording. I'm being subjected to a stream of them right now and even with their own instruments it's just karaoke - not bad karaoke, but utterly pointless.

Have you ever been to Hobbycraft? They play knock off versions of songs over the speakers. Guessing it’s to save money but it’s a bit of an obsession of mine when I’m in there. 

Also, this sounds like Ian Browns gig last night. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Have you ever been to Hobbycraft? They play knock off versions of songs over the speakers. Guessing it’s to save money but it’s a bit of an obsession of mine when I’m in there. 

Aye, a common occurrence at retail outlets without the same budgets as some of the big hitters. An even worse trait are retail outlets that don't even play shit cover versions of popular songs - but play non-copyright randomly created pop songs. When I finished Uni and before I got my first proper industry job, I was doing double duty at Toys R Us and The Range (name a more iconic duo) and they both adopted this hideous musical strategy. Even over the Christmas period (which is good or bad depending on your viewpoint). 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter