Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
On 11/5/2022 at 4:39 PM, air_raid said:

Mike who owns a Google Pixel in that ad with his mates being so “random” for putting chips in his photo, manages somehow to instantly remind me of every tosser I’ve met in the last twenty years.

To add to this, there’s an absolute plethora of annoying adverts right now. From that little shit Sam on the Indeed advert desperate to find the right “culture” and an employer that “gets me” …. the Sue Perkins sound-a-like on the Direct Line ad for landlords insurance reminding you that landlords exist and can get insured to protect them against events that might put an end to their parasitic lifestyle…. the McCrispy ad reminding me that people will still pay Leigh Francis to advertise their product…. Asda clumsily splicing footage from Elf into their Christmas ad which is just so terrible I can’t look at it… and worst of all the Sainsbury ad because (a) trying to reimagine Teenage Dirtbag as a festive melody (b) appalling Midlands accents getting on telly (not restricted to Alison Hammond) and (c) Alison Hammond.

I strongly recommend not watching the ITV Hub all day and being stuck with the same ads ad nauseum either.

• Paid Members
On 11/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, air_raid said:

Sainsbury ad because (a) trying to reimagine Teenage Dirtbag as a festive melody (b) appalling Midlands accents getting on telly (not restricted to Alison Hammond) and (c) Alison Hammond.

To add to this, on top of all the mums on Facebook flocking to fawn over this ad and Hammond in general, I’ve had the misfortune to learn some of the trash people actually refer to the supermarket as “Sainos.” This country!

• Awards Moderator
21 minutes ago, air_raid said:

To add to this, on top of all the mums on Facebook flocking to fawn over this ad and Hammond in general, I’ve had the misfortune to learn some of the trash people actually refer to the supermarket as “Sainos.” This country!

I can’t remember if it posted it at the time, but a few months into the first lockdown I heard someone in the supermarket ask where the ‘hanny sanny’ was. 

• Paid Members

Ah, JML. I used to work in a Robert Dyas so would hear them all day. The best was when they would show someone cutting through a tin can or some shit with a knife to show how sharp it was, then you'd get dickheads returning them because they blunted really quickly when they'd try to do the same with them. 

Some of there products were alright though. I had a decent non-stick pan that you didn't have to use oil with for years. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I can’t remember if it posted it at the time, but a few months into the first lockdown I heard someone in the supermarket ask where the ‘hanny sanny’ was. 

This is a Scouse thing, isn’t it? Used to work with an absolute shitbucket -  utter trash, wore skintight snakeskin to client meetings - and to her everything was abbreviated. Brekkie, trackies, Maccies, leccy, choccie biccies. Most nauseatingly, sunglasses were “sunnies” and an item of stationary she used were “laccy bands.” Vom.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

This is a Scouse thing, isn’t it? Used to work with an absolute shitbucket -  utter trash, wore skintight snakeskin to client meetings - and to her everything was abbreviated. Brekkie, trackies, Maccies, leccy, choccie biccies. Most nauseatingly, sunglasses were “sunnies” and an item of stationary she used were “laccy bands.” Vom.

I'm definitely not Scouse, but will use nearly all of those abbreviations regularly. Maybe it's a northern thing, or just a 'not a snob' thing. Pretty much everyone I've ever known would call sunglasses 'sunnies'.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pretty much everyone I've ever known would call sunglasses 'sunnies'.

Horrific.

9 hours ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Aye, aside from "sunnies" I've heard all of those, mostly from my parents' generation.

Sure, I’d heard all of them before at points. Just not constantly, to the point I don’t think she ever said a proper word. Every Monday was recounting what “bevvies” she’d had over the weekend with her “bezzies.” It was hell. I’m probably just blinded by the fact she was the worst human being I ever met in my life. During lockdown she’d routinely be on zoom round a friend/colleagues house despite both having households of their own E.g they definitely weren’t a support bubble, just happily risking spreading the virus if either of them had picked it up doing something essential, then much to my relief got herself made redundant when after a spell of only half of us working, she volunteered to go on furlough so one of the others could come back. Being happy getting paid not to work whereas the rest of us feared it (and being marked as expendable) ultimately made her an easy cut when it was time to swing the sword. I’d never been happier. Mainly because of how happy she was to loudly call other colleagues “nonce” regardless of if I was on the phone to my customers or not, and other such “banter.” Cunt.