Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

spacer.png

Manifestly excessive footpath closures.

6 hours ago, air_raid said:

When the words are wrong on Apple Music. Song was a massive hit nearly 20 years before the platform was launched and been transcribed a thousand times. It’s not hard to find the lyrics online, so how in the world does “and the thunder rolls” become “in the front row”??? Listen to the fucking song, it’s not even the correct number of syllables!

Assuming we're talking about the Garth Brooks song, surely the fact the song is called The Thunder Rolls is a bit of a clue?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Assuming we're talking about the Garth Brooks song, surely the fact the song is called The Thunder Rolls is a bit of a clue?

Actually, its those much loved lyrics from Meat Loaf's big one.

"And some nights I lose the feeling

And some nights I lose control

Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance in the front row." ..................... grrrr.

Spotify are the same for misheard lyrical masterpieces turning up. All boils down to the company saving money by just importing song lyrics from random song lyric wikis which inevitably some muppet has rushed out to be the first to put up the lyrics as soon as the song is first heard and full of their comical misheard lyric entries to subject us to for the rest of eternity.

1 hour ago, lanky316 said:

which inevitably some muppet has rushed out to be the first to put up the lyrics as soon as the song is first heard

Bet they do the same with football transfer rumours and wrestling tittle tattle. ~~~

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

people who feel the need to comment on a Youtube music video just to state their age is a minor annoyance to me.

I'm only 37, I feel like I'm the only person my age who likes this. What's wrong with my generation?.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

people who feel the need to comment on a Youtube music video just to state their age is a minor annoyance to me.

As an extension of that, any classic music video usually gets some old cunt commenting about how shit modern music is.

To extend that even further, similar old cunts commenting on old comedy clips saying some variant of "This is when comedy was at its best, before all the woke ruined it, couldn't make those jokes nowadays" - it's particularly irritating when the comedy clip in question really has nothing offensive in it, and could have been made in this day and age, proving that people back then could make jokes that people loved and remember fondly without being problematic.

I saw that kind of comment under a clip of "Four Candles", for fuck's sake.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

As an extension of that, any classic music video usually gets some old cunt commenting about how shit modern music is.

You can apply that to almost any nostalgia, which is usually where the music comments go.

"Oh I long for those days, we all could leave our doors unlocked and the kids played on the common after dark without a care in the world!"

Mate, kiddie snatchers and paedophiles were a thing in the 80s regardless of how you romanticize your childhood. We weren't told to not accept sweets from strangers because our parents were scared we'd get fat.