Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

Our new manager says 'pacifically' when he means 'specifically' and I've already lost all respect for him. I also can't focus on anything that's being said at meetings cos I'm just waiting for him to say it again.Ā 

51 minutes ago, DCW said:

Our new manager says 'pacifically' when he means 'specifically' and I've already lost all respect for him. I also can't focus on anything that's being said at meetings cos I'm just waiting for him to say it again.Ā 

Yeah, this is the one I lose it at.

My manager mixes up his sayings which is quite fun. The other day he told our team we "blew it out of the park" which I giggled at for ages. "Fresh of breath air" was another, but he's a good lad, so its acceptable.Ā 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, this is the one I lose it at.

My manager mixes up his sayings which is quite fun. The other day he told our team we "blew it out of the park" which I giggled at for ages. "Fresh of breath air" was another, but he's a good lad, so its acceptable.Ā 

Your manager isnā€™t Biff Tannen is it?

• Paid Members

YouTube tutorial videos that don't get straight to the point.Ā 

"What's up guys! In this video I'm going to be showing you ten different ways you can get more out of your wank. Before we get into it though make sure to put down your lovelength and use your hand to smash that like button, subscribe for more wanking tips and hit the bell (no, not that one!) for more. My name is John Thomas and I'm your host, welcome to the channel - we make videos about wanks, wanking and wankers. We also have an ASMR podcast which you can check out in the description AND sign up for our PREMIUM MEMBERS service for EXCLUSIVE UNSEEN WANKS. Also, want to make your wanks ten times more powerrful EVERY DAY? Click the link in the description for an affiliate link to these pills which will make you jizz up to TEN TIMES MORE than a regular wank! Now let's get back to the video!"

...Not that I've been searching for anything to do with this, obviously, definitely not, but you get the sentiment. By all means do your channel plugs, but do them in the middle of the video or at the end.Ā 

30 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

YouTube tutorial videos that don't get straight to the point.Ā 

"What's up guys! In this video I'm going to be showing you ten different ways you can get more out of your wank. Before we get into it though make sure to put down your lovelength and use your hand to smash that like button, subscribe for more wanking tips and hit the bell (no, not that one!) for more. My name is John Thomas and I'm your host, welcome to the channel - we make videos about wanks, wanking and wankers. We also have an ASMR podcast which you can check out in the description AND sign up for our PREMIUM MEMBERS service for EXCLUSIVE UNSEEN WANKS. Also, want to make your wanks ten times more powerrful EVERY DAY? Click the link in the description for an affiliate link to these pills which will make you jizz up to TEN TIMES MORE than a regular wank! Now let's get back to the video!"

...Not that I've been searching for anything to do with this, obviously, definitely not, but you get the sentiment. By all means do your channel plugs, but do them in the middle of the video or at the end.Ā 

I mean, itā€™s not the exact example Iā€™d have used. But in principle I wholeheartedly agree.Ā 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, MrK said:

I mean, itā€™s not the exact example Iā€™d have used.Ā 

Its EXACTLY the example I would have used. Apart from the "YouTube" bit.

People who seem to think that because a famous person hasnā€™t tweeted or posted about a particular issue, it means they donā€™t care or arenā€™t bothered. Doubly so if famous person doesnā€™t use social media that much.Ā 

• Paid Members

Peoples sense of entitlement to free delivery when it comes to online retail. ā€œBecause Iā€™ve spent X with you my delivery should be free!ā€

Youā€™re right. Just because youā€™ve paid for the materials and labour to cover the product and provide the business a margin they justify for their survival, they DEFINITELY should cover the cost of getting the item to you. Regardless of the fact the cost of doing that for every customer becomes a huge financial burden very quickly and not everyone makes the margin Amazon or eBay do. If every small-medium business gave you free delivery a lot of them would go bump and if they worked delivery costs into the unit prices you probably wouldnā€™t get as far as creating a basket to begin with. Stop being so fucking entitled, Karen.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Peoples sense of entitlement to free delivery when it comes to online retail. ā€œBecause Iā€™ve spent X with you my delivery should be free!ā€

Youā€™re right. Just because youā€™ve paid for the materials and labour to cover the product and provide the business a margin they justify for their survival, they DEFINITELY should cover the cost of getting the item to you. Regardless of the fact the cost of doing that for every customer becomes a huge financial burden very quickly and not everyone makes the margin Amazon or eBay do. If every small-medium business gave you free delivery a lot of them would go bump and if they worked delivery costs into the unit prices you probably wouldnā€™t get as far as creating a basket to begin with. Stop being so fucking entitled, Karen.

I work in retail where people are allowed to return things theyā€™ve bought online to store. They get free delivery once theyā€™ve spent a certain amount. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, itā€™s a clever trick to get people spending more, but the amount of times you have the argument about why they only get refunded for what the items theyā€™ve bought and not the postage when they donā€™t pass that free delivery threshold Ā -Ā 

ā€œBut Iā€™ve paid Ā£3.99 delivery, I want that back as wellā€

ā€But you didnā€™t get free delivery. The items were delivered to you, you choosing to return them doesnā€™t change thatā€

ā€Well thatā€™s bloody ridiculousā€

ā€Why is it? How do you think the postage system is funded to operate? Things arnā€™t just getting moved around the country for freeā€

ā€Well, itā€™s the principle of the matterā€

That last line gets chucked out quite often, usually indicative of the person having nothing else in their arsenal.

Obviously Iā€™m not that devil may care. When I was younger maybe but the conversation is much more diplomatic now, but theyā€™ll stand there arguing to get a couple of quid back because ā€œitā€™s the principleā€, and then wonā€™t think twice about going and spend Ā£3 or Ā£4 at the Costa four doors down and buy a coffee that tastes like cat piss.

Theres also this classic, usually when somethings ā€œfaultyā€ and well past the return date-

ā€œIā€™d like to return this that I bought 8 months ago, itā€™s faultyā€

*before any checks of faults even occur*

ā€OK, have you got your receipt?ā€

ā€Noā€

ā€Have you got the price ticket that came with the item?ā€

ā€Noā€

ā€Well then Iā€™m not going to be able to return itā€

ā€well why not?ā€

ā€Because you havenā€™t got any proof of purchase. I need to know when it was bought, how much you paid for it, how you paid for it so I can refund the same wayā€

ā€Well I definitely paid Ā£X for itā€

ā€But I need proof of that, thatā€™s why itā€™s a ā€˜proof of purchaseā€™, I canā€™t just give you Ā£X because you said you paid thatā€

ā€Well I want my money backā€

ā€But you havenā€™t got anything showing me how much you paid for itā€

ā€But I paid Ā£X for itā€

ā€Then show me thatā€

ā€But I havenā€™t got a receiptā€

ā€I know, thatā€™s the problemā€

ā€well I want my money backā€

and so on and so on.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Totally agree, but is that last word necessary?

I tried not to buy into it, but my last customer who was a Karen was one of the most ridiculously demanding and pendantic Iā€™ve encountered in 8 years in the job, so unfortunately I think itā€™s stuck.

The Karen stereotype is odd because having worked in customer facing roles most of my working life the blokes complaining are just as proportional to the women and in my current job iā€™d say they outnumber them quite considerably.