Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members

In my home yesterday a gruff Yorkshire plumber used "cotton candy" when he meant to say candy floss.

Then his phone went off and his ringtone was Break The Walls Down so I immediately forgave him.

• Paid Members
On 4/28/2022 at 7:47 AM, air_raid said:

People who still say “teamwork makes the dream work.”

Especially at work. Which is hardly my idea of a dream.

There are many similar work-isms like this that ruin me on the inside. Many of which have probably graced these pages previously. 

Email sign offs such as "Kindest" "Thanks very much in advance" make me die a little more inside each time. Kindest in particular is something the rest of our staff are using more and more. Which I is why I'm going to less work socials. 

EDIT - Work social is another term I hate. And I've just used it. I hate what I've become. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

People who are unable to properly assess local election results. If you look at the comments on twitter you always see things like this:

Little Bollock (Torysboro) election result:

Conservative Hold.

Con: 47.8% (-1.5)

Lab 36.4% (+2)

LDem 15.8% (-5.5)

Votes Counted: 85

@Mogmentum334 - Yes! Looks like Boris is back!

@ComradeBertha - Astonishing. Keith must go

@petegumby242 - Can someone explain this??! 

I'm not saying everyone should be an expert on these things (I'm certainly not), but it doesn't take a genius to realise that interpreting individual ward results in local elections is almost worthless. 

Have we had “people signing off work emails with only their first initial” yet? We had the ludicrous situation at my last job of 3 people in the same email chain all signing off their emails with “R”. Lads, this is an office of 200+ people, you clearly don’t have dibs on the initial R. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, hallicks said:

We had the ludicrous situation at my last job of 3 people in the same email chain all signing off their emails with “R"

Before I pass judgement were they pirates? 

Edited by Tommy!

57 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Have we had “people signing off work emails with only their first initial” yet? We had the ludicrous situation at my last job of 3 people in the same email chain all signing off their emails with “R”. Lads, this is an office of 200+ people, you clearly don’t have dibs on the initial R. 

Is it their initial, or is it a further abbreviation from the abominable "KR" some at my work have started adding, instead of the perfunctory "Kind regards"? 

5 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Is it their initial, or is it a further abbreviation from the abominable "KR" some at my work have started adding, instead of the perfunctory "Kind regards"? 

Definitely initial. I won’t say it was the main reason I left, but it was a reason. 

Abbreviating “kind regards” - as if it wasn’t insincere enough…

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Definitely initial. I won’t say it was the main reason I left, but it was a reason. 

Abbreviating “kind regards” - as if it wasn’t insincere enough…

I once worked with someone whose initials were KR, and not only would they sign off their emails with this, but they'd also abbreviate KR for kind regards, thus signing off with "KR, KR". I'm 99% sure it was vomit-inducing corporate banter on his part because of the sheer absurdity of it.  

Another one to add - we're currently mixing between working from home and being back in the office (which actually looks like it might be here to stay on our part - a really welcome development in truth). However, when I'm in the physical office at the same time as other colleagues, they can be sat a few yards from me and still begin with the formalities of 'Hi Fatty, I hope you're well' before asking a bunch of questions relating to updates on different projects. The cunts are mere yards away from me. I'm all for paper trails, but this sort of formal nonsense, no doubt accompanied by serial BCC'ing (let me copy in the higher ups so they can see how much of a leader I am!) when we are literally breathing the same air is just loathsome behaviour.