Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

UberEats messaging 13 seconds after I just had an order delivered asking me if I'd like to order some food. An app that will only be satisfied if I'm eating 24 hours a day, every day.

They occasionally send me mad promo codes along the lines of 10% off on my next 20 orders, valid for the next 5 days.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:46 AM, simonworden said:

The other thing was trying to buy a present on Amazon for my new niece. Spending 14 quid for a small light up toy is bad enough but then Amazon asking for a fiver to deliver it seems a bit fucking much. I feel pressured to spend another five quid on something to get around the deliver charge which annoys me even more as I feel i'm being forced to buy more shit than I want. 

Could you not get it sent to an Amazon Locker? Might take an extra day or so to get there, but they’re free

6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Could you not get it sent to an Amazon Locker? Might take an extra day or so to get there, but they’re free

I'm not in the country so trying to do this from overseas. I assume Amazon locker is where you pick it up from somewhere which probably wouldn't work well in this situation. I'll just add something else to the basket I expect to top up but not had a chance for a second look yet. 

• Paid Members

When work decide it’s not enough that you have a job, but that you need more work to do, to the detriment of your real work, for no extra cash.

Currently marketing (with the blessing of the sales director) have all three arms of the sales team plus management of the customer service team split into four groups dedicated to particular projects/channels to push/promote/attract new business in some shape or form. In other words, do their job. This has, to date, involved two meetings within 3 weeks taking the entire sales team away from the phone/road for 2-3 hours including bringing guys to head office whose road sales are dependent on them being the other end of the country plus at least one Zoom meeting a week of half an hour or more with the breakout groups, usually involving homework of providing data or other “next steps.” The amount of sales I could have generated if I wasn’t wasting time on zany schemes to attract sales is laughable. My actual clients are wondering why I’m taking longer than usual to respond. “Oh sorry, I was stuck on Zoom while the frizzy haired marketing ditz fake laughs at the anecdotes from Mums Club not knowing what to feed the kids.”

Really makes me question the feasibility of Project Zeus.

Edited by air_raid

When I'm getting off the train and the person getting on clearly has seen me hit the 'Door Open' button but then desperately spams the button on the outside as if I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to exit a train.

I'm sorry that there is a slight gap between me pressing the button and the door opening, and that its been like this for years!

Bring back the trains where you opened the door manually. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

When I'm getting off the train and the person getting on clearly has seen me hit the 'Door Open' button but then desperately spams the button on the outside as if I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to exit a train.

I'm sorry that there is a slight gap between me pressing the button and the door opening, and that its been like this for years!

Bring back the trains where you opened the door manually. 

And the twin sister, people who press the button before it’s lit up. You’re not “getting in early” and the door won’t open.

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

There's a whole world of annoyance around getting on an off trains (and trams). What about the people who stand directly in front you when you try to get off? That's not helping anyone mate. 

I remember when I worked in Manchester City centre and I’d tram it. One morning it was packed as expected and this ponce got on (not me). It was crammed and he shouted in a posh voice “Guys, if we all move down the carriage we can create a bit more room around the doors and more people can get on”. The resignation on his face when everyone blanked it was beautiful. Tram police twat.