Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

I've started to use 'Best', as in a shortening of 'best wishes', as an alternative to 'thanks' for the times where I've nothing to thank the recipient for and die a little inside each time. I saw someone use it and nicked it but haven't conjured a better alternative.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members
On 5/7/2022 at 9:51 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Working in an office sounds like pure hell.

New guy at work has been sat next to me, and for the past three weeks he has spoken about nothing except for politics. Fucking loves politics he does, and if he had half an erection on him he'd take politics to the nearest grotty hotel and shag it until the moon was up and the work day was over.

No matter how many uninterested one-word answers I give ("wow", "yeah", "really?", "yeah...") he just carries ON and fucking ON.

What makes it worse, is that he's a down-the-middle devil's advocate fence-sitter who loves Elon Musk. Oh fuck, if he couldn't have sex with politics he would absolutely take Elon as a close second. Pure hell.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

New guy at work has been sat next to me, and for the past three weeks he has spoken about nothing except for politics. Fucking loves politics he does, and if he had half an erection on him he'd take politics to the nearest grotty hotel and shag it until the moon was up and the work day was over.

No matter how many uninterested one-word answers I give ("wow", "yeah", "really?", "yeah...") he just carries ON and fucking ON.

What makes it worse, is that he's a down-the-middle devil's advocate fence-sitter who loves Elon Musk. Oh fuck, if he couldn't have sex with politics he would absolutely take Elon as a close second. Pure hell.

Can you pull the, “This isn’t really appropriate for the workspace” card?

Tell him your hero is either Maggie Thatcher/Jeremy Corbyn (delete as appropriate depending what side of the spectrum you are) and give a really rubbish reason as to why. Then leave them to go on and on and on....then joke and say it was the other one.

5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Wait, that's you? Small world!

After making him justify Musk's insistence on absolute freedom of speech at all times without any consequence from private entities, go right ahead and tell your colleague what you think of him.

He's surely a man of integrity who'd rather resign than see you get sacked for cussing him out.

• Paid Members

He's not spoke to me this morning since I said that Elon could've helped cure a multitude of life-threatening diseases and conditions with that Twitter money. He replied with something akin to "Well a platform for true free speech is bigger than all of that" before putting on his headphones. Sorry to hurt your feelings, David! See you in the canteen!

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

"Well a platform for true free speech is bigger than all of that" 

fucking hell. Sorry you're dying of cancer, dad, but at least you can call a female politician a whore. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

See you in the canteen!

Office canteen wankers that pause their microwave program to take their food out instead of completely cancelling or letting it run its course, so I have to cancel their 0:27 remaining to set my own timer.

• Paid Members

Ours keep beeping after the time until you open the door. The upset it causes setting a 3 minute meal off then going for a 5 minute smoke is amazing for the sheer madness it causes to some people.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Office canteen wankers that pause their microwave program to take their food out instead of completely cancelling or letting it run its course, so I have to cancel their 0:27 remaining to set my own timer.

If you would just do the same you'd close the circle and improve everyone's lives except, of course, for the single lucky sod who goes after you and gets a fresh machine.