Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Cutting Edge of Bluntness said:

CyanogenMod has been now become LineageOS, plenty of installation walkthroughs in the usual places like XDA Developers.

Ah, thanks very much for this.

The fact that vineyard is pronounced vinyud.

I've just started watching Neighbours again after falling out of the habit years ago, and this now seems to be a regular part of the set, so hearing it mentioned is going to grate on me every day till the finale.

People that straight line roundabouts. 

People that dont indicate to go around a roundabout but indicate to come off.

People that walk around with their hands down their trousers holding onto their nuts in public - this is just purely about a "look" - but it looks fucking awful

The radio seems to be adverts or talking every 2 songs. I have 6 stations and guarantee if there is adverts or talking on 1 it will be the same on all 6.... Which i then proceed to check and confirm!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The radio seems to be adverts or talking every 2 songs. I have 6 stations and guarantee if there is adverts or talking on 1 it will be the same on all 6.

On this note... People complaining about situations that are completely down to their own poor choices.

Stop listening to the shitting radio!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

On this note... People complaining about situations that are completely down to their own poor choices.

Not so easily avoided when you're stuck in a CAMHS waiting room for an hour and a half and they've got sodding Magic FM on.

17 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have no choice - just bought a new car and currently cannot afford to put my own radio in where i always use my bluetooth. So until then, it's channel hopping and complaining about it :) 

• Paid Members

Lidl has significantly reduced the size of pecan pieces that adorn the tops of the maple & pecan plaits. Presumably so they have to buy fewer pecans, as a cost cutting measure. This minor reduction in satisfaction derived from one of my life’s little pleasures has irked me.

Probably the most I’ve been annoyed about a food change since the mid 00s when Varsity changed their standard side salad from mixed leaves with a fairly nice dressing, to rocket, balsamic vinegar and parmesan shavings. I used to not mind “courtesy eating” the salad they popped on the plate next to my mountain of fried chicken and fries, but my aversion to cheese meant the parmesan rendered the rocket clump as welcome on my plate as Prince Andrew round mummy’s.

• Paid Members

This is really minor but....

I was enticed by the mention of a Fire Pit "Baconaise Potato Salad" in the new Tesco magazine, but when I got to the aisle I gave it a pass as it was made with "smoke flavour vegan mayonnaise substitute." In other words, no real bacon and not real mayo, so I couldn't be bothered.

Vegan-friendly stuff isnt the gripe... the other ingredients included actual cheddar, so the fucking vegans aren't going to buy it anyway, so what's the point? They use real mayo in some of the other Fire Pit sides/potato salads. Who's the market for a bacon-flavoured side with no actual bacon, in a vegan mayo dressing but including real cheese? All the reviews on Tesco's site I've since seen say its rubbish so near miss, but.... I can't wrap my head around a nearly-vegan product, plus actual cheese from actual cows. Why create this?

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

Had to endure a lengthy presentation earlier where for some reason, she consistently pronounced "them" as "thum" and it drove me to distraction with how annoying it was.

Edited by air_raid