Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Karen stereotype is odd because having worked in customer facing roles most of my working life the blokes complaining are just as proportional to the women and in my current job i’d say they outnumber them quite considerably.

Karen’s and Kevin’s* we call them

* apologies to anyone that may be called Kevin

4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Karen’s and Kevin’s* we call them

* apologies to anyone that may be called Kevin

Any apologies for anyone that may be called Karen?

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Karen stereotype is odd because having worked in customer facing roles most of my working life the blokes complaining are just as proportional to the women and in my current job i’d say they outnumber them quite considerably.

It’s rooted deeply in misogyny now. I understand the origins, complete with the haircut, but now it’s used to shut down any woman with an opinion contrary to men. Or for a woman with a legitimate concern. But as you say, all the braying men get a free pass. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, air_raid said:

Peoples sense of entitlement to free delivery when it comes to online retail. “Because I’ve spent X with you my delivery should be free!”

You’re right. Just because you’ve paid for the materials and labour to cover the product and provide the business a margin they justify for their survival, they DEFINITELY should cover the cost of getting the item to you. Regardless of the fact the cost of doing that for every customer becomes a huge financial burden very quickly and not everyone makes the margin Amazon or eBay do. If every small-medium business gave you free delivery a lot of them would go bump and if they worked delivery costs into the unit prices you probably wouldn’t get as far as creating a basket to begin with. Stop being so fucking entitled, Karen.

Especially if they saw what a bath we were taking with our overseas shipping costs compared to the actual overseas shipping costs... 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I understand the origins, complete with the haircut, 

Weird thing being, I’m sure the original meme was “Sharon.”

21 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Especially if they saw what a bath we were taking with our overseas shipping costs compared to the actual overseas shipping costs... 

I’m lucky I’m not bound by the website by what I charge for shipping. So I don’t have to charge £10 for Belfast whether it’s three t-shirts or 100 hoodies, or the same for 50 beanie hats or 50 fuck-off chunky three-in-one jackets to Spain. Nobody’s fucking my margin.

59 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Weird thing being, I’m sure the original meme was “Sharon.”

I think Sharon was the catch all for the “Dumb blonde Essex Girl” when I was a lad. 

That’s interesting about the adding stuff online to get the free delivery. I wonder if that’s why it seems two out of five people in a TK Maxx queue are returning stuff? 

• Paid Members

I'm told by people who work in online returns at work a surprisingly high number of people return stuff in whatever they can find, regardless of size or suitability, when they can't reuse the original box. 

A single pair of socks in a box for microwave and a load of stuff rammed in a cornflakes box tied up with string were two I remember. We get an additional charge too, if I remember right, because the free return postage label is based on the same size and weight package as outbound. 

Work for a small, family company and I help with shipping out parcels and helping customers get them returned if they are faulty or unsuitable 

We send the parcels for free, next day delivery. If you don't want the item and want to return it. You either take it to the post office and pay to return it or we will send our courier round to collect it and deduct ÂŁ20 from your refund.

When I told a customer who wanted to return her 3rd unsuitable item this last week. She told me, that's expensive. I said mmmm, she repeated, I said that's expensive. I told her that's our company policy. Alternatively, you can take it to the post office and return it to us. She said, no that's ok. Please arrange the courier.

And usually, when you want to arrange a courier they say. I've got nothing to put it in. No boxes, no mailing bag, no brown paper, no old dustbin bag you can tape round it. You have to explain to them insistently. It needs to be in more than just the retail box to send it back. They think it's perfectly acceptable for the courier to turn up and slap a shipping label straight on the product and then expect a full refund when they've just wrecked the products box.

• Paid Members

I'm signed up to Otta, an exceptionally wanky jobs site focused on start-ups and whatnot. Aside from having the shittest interface imaginable, the application bits are obviously written by the sort of wankers who work for wanky start-ups. The last one I looked at, honest to God, had "write us a Haiku" as an essential question.

Yeah, I only need to earn money to live and will be out of work in a couple of weeks, but glad you're having a laugh with it. Tossers.

People that need to constantly express their feelings. Last week I was on a boat trip and go to see dolphins, seals, white-tailed sea eagles and various other things. Unforunately sat behind me were some gobshite and her boyfriend, the former constantly said "on my god this is amazing" every five seconds like a broken record while watching the dolphins. It is possible to be amazed in relative silence, or at least not constantly repeat yourself since you're not adding anything by doing so. Her incessant wittering put a real downer on the trip.

Edited by Tamura

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tamura said:

People that need to constantly express their feelings. Last week I was on a boat trip and go to see dolphins, seals, white-tailed sea eagles and various other things. Unforunately sat behind me were some gobshite and her boyfriend, the former constantly said "on my god this is amazing" every five seconds like a broken record while watching the dolphins. It is possible to be amazed in relative silence, or at least not constantly repeat yourself since you're not adding anything by doing so. Her incessant wittering put a real downer on the trip.

I always assume people like that sit at one of two extreme ends, they are either dead inside and can't actually feel anything and over compensate or are so easily pleased they are just massively overwhelmed. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Similarly, people who day 'that's so funny' instead of actually laughing. I have a cousin who does this and it winds me up more than it should do.

2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Similarly, people who day 'that's so funny' instead of actually laughing. I have a cousin who does this and it winds me up more than it should do.

I’ve noticed every time someone does this ever since that nob end JD dumped Mandy Moore because of it on Scrubs. 

• Paid Members

Forgive me if I’ve mentioned before my mate/“boss” who constantly develops buzz phrases and drives them into the ground. His last one was “call to action” but he stopped when I started messaging him pictures of the Lex Express.