Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, King Coconut said:

If you would just do the same you'd close the circle and improve everyone's lives except, of course, for the single lucky sod who goes after you and gets a fresh machine.

I don’t get it. The improve part. The lucky sod part, I get.

• Paid Members

Mrs raid doesn’t care for “shuffle.” She also has a habit of putting two versions of the same song on a playlist. More most songs, it’s irritating. When the song is Dancing In The Moonlight, it’s nigh on unbearable.

That said, I'm still not quite over the rage of burning a CD for someone with themed links placed between each track, only for them to put it straight on shuffle on the first play.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, air_raid said:

Mrs raid doesn’t care for “shuffle.” She also has a habit of putting two versions of the same song on a playlist. More most songs, it’s irritating. When the song is Dancing In The Moonlight, it’s nigh on unbearable.

Mrs Facesitter, her niece and I are on a family Spotify plan. Which has its perks in terms of spreading costs etc, but it does mean that when one shuffles the 'liked' songs playlist you get all of their liked songs too. No sooner am I raving to Scooter, rocking out to The Darkness or throwing shapes to Girls Aloud when the mood is killed by some melancholy nonsense from one of their selections. Usually moody tripe. Sometimes it isn't even 'propah' music, but things like 'sleeping melodies', or talk-based tracks (not podcasts but things like bite-sized affirmations and what have you). 

What I'm trying to say is that they are woke scum and I should cut ties with them immediately. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, scratchdj said:

We got our work microwave just over 10 years ago. There’s a button on it that just says “Chaos”. Nobody knows what it does, why it’s there or has ever dared to try it.

Undoubtedly funny, but easily Googled. Nobody did that in 10 years?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

easily Googled.

Another thing for me is people not googling basic things. 

The amount of questions I get at work, especially on how to do something in Excel / Word / PowerPoint, for which I just copy and paste the first Google result is amazing. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Those morons that complain to the TV channels about absolutely anything. The latest, the other day, being that Holly Willoughby hadn’t quite done all her buttons up when presenting The Games. Some of the “strippers” comments etc make me wonder just who exactly these sad bastards are. Do they have nothing better to do? It’s not as if she actually had her tits hanging out. Next they’ll be complaining there’s too much ankle on show during Strictly. Pathetic.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Those morons that complain to the TV channels about absolutely anything. The latest, the other day, being that Holly Willoughby hadn’t quite done all her buttons up when presenting The Games. Some of the “strippers” comments etc make me wonder just who exactly these sad bastards are. Do they have nothing better to do? It’s not as if she actually had her tits hanging out. Next they’ll be complaining there’s too much ankle on show during Strictly. Pathetic.

You should check out the Pointless Letters twitter account 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, air_raid said:

Holly Willoughby hadn’t quite done all her buttons up when presenting The Games

Is it on catch up? 

8 hours ago, air_raid said:

It’s not as if she actually had her tits hanging out.

Ohh, never mind

• Paid Members
On 5/14/2022 at 8:49 AM, Tommy! said:

Another thing for me is people not googling basic things. 

The amount of questions I get at work, especially on how to do something in Excel / Word / PowerPoint, for which I just copy and paste the first Google result is amazing. 

This is really annoying, but I find the issue is that there's a very low baseline of IT knowledge that basically amounts to "knowing what to Google", and a lot of people can't even pass that. If you know what you want Word to do, but don't know what the correct terminology for that thing is, just Googling it probably isn't as simple as it would be for anyone else.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

This is really annoying, but I find the issue is that there's a very low baseline of IT knowledge that basically amounts to "knowing what to Google", and a lot of people can't even pass that. If you know what you want Word to do, but don't know what the correct terminology for that thing is, just Googling it probably isn't as simple as it would be for anyone else.

Granted, and for some things that's understandable but shit like "how do I do a mail merge" or "how do I set up a rule in my outlook" get copied into Google and the results posted back.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I have that problem, but not just for IT. Whenever anything needs doing re :household, travel, car, utilities, decorating, needing a tradesperson, finding where to buy X, I go into a blind panic because I don't really know the best way to make Google find what I need because often I don't know or have forgotten the words to correctly phrase what I need to achieve.

• 3 weeks later...