Jump to content

Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Really minor but the rebranding to “plant-based” strikes me as wholly unnecessary as the words “vegetarian” and “vegan” were fine for succinctly describing the content of the product. I suspect this is part of the “save the world” agenda to try and sell more meat free products to omnivores. Probably because they think vegans have a stereotype as self-righteous wankers, so “vegan burger” isn’t much of a sales pitch.

Speaking of the conversion bollocks, that “can we leave my kebab out of it” advert is/was the worst yet. Making all of us that aren’t interested in swapping t-bone for tofu sound like simpletons. After all, meat production is killing the planet. Just ask any of the hipsters, I’m sure there’s no carbon footprint importing all their avocados from Peru.

Posted
45 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Really minor but the rebranding to “plant-based” strikes me as wholly unnecessary as the words “vegetarian” and “vegan” were fine for succinctly describing the content of the product. I suspect this is part of the “save the world” agenda to try and sell more meat free products to omnivores. Probably because they think vegans have a stereotype as self-righteous wankers, so “vegan burger” isn’t much of a sales pitch.

Speaking of the conversion bollocks, that “can we leave my kebab out of it” advert is/was the worst yet. Making all of us that aren’t interested in swapping t-bone for tofu sound like simpletons. After all, meat production is killing the planet. Just ask any of the hipsters, I’m sure there’s no carbon footprint importing all their avocados from Peru.

That's so fuddy duddy. My mum gets avocados - she's hardly a 'hipster'. It's pretty established as a mainstream food choice.

There are issues with importing avocados, including drug cartels taking over the farming, but there's a growing amount of people who don't buy avocados for these reasons and alternatives to avocados being used in recipes like for guacamole. And either way, it's still less of a carbon footprint and water footprint than meat.

If you want to eat meat then it's your choice but let's not make out you're the victim if meat free products are advertised to you.

Posted
2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

If you want to eat meat then it's your choice but let's not make out you're the victim if meat free products are advertised to you.

One of my friends would disagree with that.

spacer.png

Posted

It does allow for great shithousing though, since I accidentally use the word vegan as often as possible on her posts in order to skew her advertising algorithms.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

My mum gets avocados

I'm sorry to hear that. 

We'll have a whip round and see if we can get her something less shit. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Tamura said:

One of my friends would disagree with that.

spacer.png

I didn't know you were friends with Piers Morgan. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

We didn't cut all that EU red tape to accidentally buy bananas with insufficient curvature.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 3/19/2022 at 7:33 AM, air_raid said:

Just ask any of the hipsters, I’m sure there’s no carbon footprint importing all their avocados from Peru.

Where did this fucking endless obsession people have with banging on about avocados come from? The insane number of boring twats in the media and idiotic right wingers who drone on about hipsters and avocados is endless tiring and incredibly depressing. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Where did this fucking endless obsession people have with banging on about avocados come from?

So much so they're now regularly abbreviated to 'avo'. 

Posted (edited)

I was just in Farmfoods and as I approached the till not only was there a young lady walking towards the till at the same time (that's not the annoying thing) but on the floor was a basket with four items in. We both looked at it in a questioning way and sort of stood near it, then the cashier called for the next person so the lady went first, then (and here's where it picks up) another assistant opened a separate till and called me over, upon which a woman with an armful of food, loads more then was in that little basket, walks over saying she's next because it's her stuff in the basket! Is that a new queuing system now then? Can I just push my trolley to the till then walk round picking stuff up and demand to be front of the queue when I'm done. I quietly said good to the cashier while the woman was fuming beind me. So I'm the bad guy in this situation? 

Edited by Harry Wiseau
Typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...