Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

• Paid Members

You don't see it much these days thankfully but I used to hate prices where they used both £ at the start and p and the end, £1.99p. Every happy shopper or iffy newsagents I went in did it. 

You only needed the £ there, and only use p when it's less that £1 and not displayed in pounds, £0.99 or 99p.

I can only assume it's long overdue improvements in cornershop pricing gun technology I have to thank for its decline. 

16 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

Food places that don’t use the pound sign as they are too cool.

Burger 8

Mac and Cheese 5

Fries 4

Fuck off, I’ll go elsewhere.

There's a psychological reason for it by all accounts, removing the pound sign apparently stops folk from associating a monetary cost in their heads and second-guessing how much they're spending and rack up big bills. It sounds like bollocks to me but it probably explains why so many places jumped on it and followed suit.

• Paid Members

People who park about 6ft away from the petrol pump, especially if using the one closest to the exit, meaning it’s a squeeze for whoever is behind to get past, if they can at all. 

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members

Loud cars, loud fucking cars! They drive me insane, we live on a main road and at least once or twice a night, some dickhead flies up the road revving the bollocks off of whatever piece of shit car they are driving, waking both kids up.

Loud cars went out with the Max Power magazines, anyone driving them in 2022 are clearly making up for shortcomings in other areas.

2 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Loud cars, loud fucking cars! They drive me insane, we live on a main road and at least once or twice a night, some dickhead flies up the road revving the bollocks off of whatever piece of shit car they are driving, waking both kids up.

Loud cars went out with the Max Power magazines, anyone driving them in 2022 are clearly making up for shortcomings in other areas.

I’m a big fan of people beeping their horn a few times to say bye to the people who they were visiting late at night. 

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Specifically, what is with those ones that make that loud farty backfiring sound? What is the actual point? Why do people have those? Surely its specifically to piss people off because it sounds like the car is about to implode. It seems to serve no purpose.

Mainly in sports commentary/articles but the whole 'so and so has struggled against x and hasn't beaten x at home since 2019'....yet they've only met twice in that time and they were both draws! 

It's hardly a big deal! If it was more than 12/15yrs then fair enough but when it's a couple of years then fuck off and only come back when you have a worthwhile stat to use!