Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

This gets topped when they have to go deeper to try and make their tangential bit of trivia actually work. "Wycombe are currently on a 20 game unbeaten run, when they play on the 6th of the month, and the day falls on a Tuesday, while the weather is exactly 5 degrees for the 90 minutes with the wind blowing north easterly. Against a Zimbabwean manager."

• Paid Members
On 3/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, Nick James said:

Loud cars, loud fucking cars! They drive me insane, we live on a main road and at least once or twice a night, some dickhead flies up the road revving the bollocks off of whatever piece of shit car they are driving, waking both kids up.

Loud cars went out with the Max Power magazines, anyone driving them in 2022 are clearly making up for shortcomings in other areas.

Be careful now, I've been accused of being 'classist' for moaning about this. Apparently this hobby is big with poverty-stricken breadline teenagers, and moaning about the loud bangs and revs going off constantly down the A38 at night makes you a Tory.

Apparently.

• Paid Members

here's one of mine...

what's with the traditional British Soap viewers obsession with knowing spoilers? 

I'll always remember as a kid knowing/hearing a specific character was to die on Christmas Day for example, then sitting around with family who were all gripped to see it actually happen. Wouldn't it be a better experience to go in and not know what's about to happen?

Im not a Soap watcher but it's always baffled me. I got reminded of it by this article on the MSN homepage this morning:

430854175_Screenshot_20220316-105851_SamsungInternet.jpg.8e335dcaef16da0bfc5edff65c8b7cbe.jpg

I clicked the link and it literally tells you whats going to happen in next week's episodes.

Why?

8 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

here's one of mine...

what's with the traditional British Soap viewers obsession with knowing spoilers? 

I'll always remember as a kid knowing/hearing a specific character was to die on Christmas Day for example, then sitting around with family who were all gripped to see it actually happen. Wouldn't it be a better experience to go in and not know what's about to happen?

Im not a Soap watcher but it's always baffled me. I got reminded of it by this article on the MSN homepage this morning:

430854175_Screenshot_20220316-105851_SamsungInternet.jpg.8e335dcaef16da0bfc5edff65c8b7cbe.jpg

I clicked the link and it literally tells you whats going to happen in next week's episodes.

Why?

You do realise you’re asking this on a wrestling forum? 

• Paid Members

It's always been one of the things I lamented about wrestling post-social media that the shock appearance is nearly impossible these days to pull off.

I started watching American wrestling in 1991, so one of my earliest and fondest memories of the WWF came a few months later at WM8, with Warrior (the second one, not the original) tearing down the aisle to save Hogan from Sid and Shango. Even though his run was shit, that was a pure mark-out moment. I don't know how possible that would've been today.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

You do realise you’re asking this on a wrestling forum? 

i do 😂

but can someone explain why soaps are so openly spoiled? Like with wrestling i get people seek out 'insider infomation' and like to be ahead of the curve of what's going to happen but you have to really seek out that info, whereas whereas soap opera's are literally spoiled on the front pages of TV magazines.

Regardless, it's a minor annoyance.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 3/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, Egg Shen said:

here's one of mine...

Why?

Marlon has a stroke? That’s gonna put some butts in seats!

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

I don’t get this one either. The papers used to be racing to tell you who was going to die, seemingly oblivious to the face that people might want to, you know, just watch the show.

Edited by air_raid

Is it a modern thing? Or has it always been that way? Like did people know that Den was giving Angie divorce papers back in the 80s? Or did that just play out unspoiled?

You only have to look at the last couple of series of Game of Thrones or the ending of The Sopranos to see what sort of a flap people get in when they don’t know what’s going to happen. Not putting the soaps on that same level on the, but if TV Times didn’t spoil things weeks/months in advance, just imagine that but every week 

19 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Definitely predates that. There used to be entire magazines devoted to telling you what was going to happen in all the soaps next week. 

There was even those hotline type things like WWF had. We rang one once and Pauline Fowler was kayfabing it