General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Probably made from the original design. I'm sure some under the counter shop on Ebay could provide such a service. Absolutely sure about that.

There is a random Aussie company selling Barnsley ones, and I would imagine they do lots of other teams too...

• Paid Members

Is it my imagination or has the football media been absolutely awful for knee jerk reactions and spectacular back-tracking for basically every team to grace the top six this season? As in, far worse than normal?

The weekend that Spurs played Chelsea for top spot, press were glowing over what a good job Lampard has done. A couple of bad results later, apparently there’s pressure on his job. Similarly when they were top, Spurs were getting lauded as legitimate title challengers and Mourinho getting praise for getting the best out his front two and “finding a system that works.” A run of three poor results later, and the footballs awful and negative and they’ll never win anything playing like that. OGS was being talked up as ready to be sacked about two weeks ago and now Man United are top - TOP - of the league. The peak of this absolutely short-sighted tripe was a little while ago the BBC ran an article titled “Relegation fears to European hopefuls - how Arsenal turned it around” (spoilers : they won 3 games).

I know writers can only write about form but it seems nonsense to me how in a very short period of time every team (apart from Liverpool, seemingly) veer wildly between shit and brilliant in the eyes of the football writers. There seems to be no restraint in declaring who’s getting sacked or who’s unstoppable based on an extremely short-term run. Is it just that the unpredictability of Premier League results is catching them out, or have they always been this bad? Or is it just in my head?

• Paid Members

@air_raid It does seem worse than ever this season, and the knee-jerk reactions seep down to the supporters too. It's not just the top six teams. I only really read about Wolves, but a few months back Nuno won 'Manager of the month' and there were articles about if we could make another challenge for Europe. Since then we've had injuries to some of our most important players and a lot of our team is made up of unproven teenagers, and predictably the results have suffered. Now there are articles calling for Nuno to get the sack and asking where it all went wrong? Football journalism is lazy at the best of times but this season especially so. 

The BBC football site is always shite and only worth keeping an eye on for Garth's comedy team of the week section. You'd be forgiven for thinking Utd vs Liverpool was the only game on this weekend as it took up about 8 of the top 14 stories when I went to check the results yesterday.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

What a miserable thread this has turned into, every other post feels like it is coming out the mouth of Graeme Souness.

micah.jpg

4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Clubs are making it clear they'd rather just furlough staff for the remainder of the season

Is this the general consensus then Butch? It makes sense to me but I keep seeing things shared by some 'alliance' or other who want the season finishing. It's supported by Hashtag United which immediately sets alarm bells going in my head.