General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Mental Wrexham Rumour of the Week: Eddie Howe has been approached. 

Normally I'd laugh that off, but after the past couple of months...

You couldn't get a gaffer that has a better track record of what Wrexham want(getting a club from bottom to the Premier League). Financially though, is it do-able? I'm meaning with the wage budget caps and the lower leagues much stricter version of FFP(Unless he agrees to defer the vast majority of his wages until the club are in the Championship)?

2 hours ago, Pinc said:

Does anyone know if the provenance of the phrase 'Play Up Pompey' has anything to do with the old Frankie Howerd show 'Up Pompeii'?

I’d love it if it did, love it. But sadly, no. There are a few theories involving naval slang and mispronunciation but none involving Lurkio. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’d love it if it did, love it. But sadly, no. There are a few theories involving naval slang and mispronunciation but none involving Lurkio. 

Well, there was a gladiator in Further Up, Pompeii! called Umbilicus

Shame to see Slaven Bilic getting booted, think it’s a bit harsh but regardless of last nights result it was already decided. If they do bring in The Count Of Monte Bisto to take over, as being reported, then we know what we can expect from West Brom. Time for a singalong everybody. 
Take me down to the Allardyce City where the grass is green and the footballs pretty, oh won’t you please take me home. 

• Paid Members

No idea how the West Brom board can look at that squad and seriously think they aren't exactly where they should be in the table. Managers are usually sacked for underperforming, not for having a Championship squad in the PL.

Edited by garynysmon

I was sure Chippy Tits must have been Weat Brom manager at least 5 times by now but apparently this is his first go! Feels like it’s been on the cards for a few years. Hodgson, Pulis and Big Sam the holy trinity of shitball managers. Only Palace can go one better to my mind having had all three plus Brucey. 

• Paid Members

Sean Dyche will have wept into his cereal upon hearing the news. Still, as a Rovers fan it's one less club that could take a precious relegation spot from Burnley. 

Liverpool do look a bit knackered this season but that’s more to do with the last couple of seasons than any pandemic. He’s tweaked us over the last season or so so we are more direct and do a bit less running I think. The problem is we bought Thiago to set the tempo and relied on big Virg to play those direct balls from the back.

What is his deal with moaning about wanting the 5 sub rule brought back permanently then seemingly never uses all his subs unless for injury reasons?

Side note, another excellent win for Don Carlo's Blues tonight, the switch in putting Godfrey and Holgate as full backs is making us look a lot tighter at the back, just a shame that the injury to Allan spoilt the night a bit as it'll be a massive blow if he's out longer than a few weeks