General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Originally it was meant to be issued pro rata as a grant depending on your average attendance which there's a massive discrepancy between Wrexham and Notts County with say Boreham Wood and the like, but our running coasts are higher due to our match day income which is why that was meant to be the system. However the bloke from the DCMS who's dealing with this is MP for.... Boreham Wood.

So now it's gone to everyone receiving the same putting us in the shit and teams like Boreham Wood in the driving seat. However, it being a loan now has fucked off everyone as instead of going bust this year, we'll just go bust in a few paying off the loan. To be honest, we're gonna be ok at Wrexham as this week is the week (possibly today as SSN are at The Racecourse ground today outside the turf) but it's going to wreck a load of teams.

And yeah, there's a committee of 10 or so non league teams dealing with things, and the smaller ones (Boreham Wood are on it!) have voted in favour of it all, the larger teams have gone against. Fucking the season off is best for everyone though. Dover are going to have to play something like every 3-4 days in order to finish their season on time, and that's providing there are no more postponements. It's fucking daft

Edited by PowerButchi

As a few of you probably know I am on the management committee of a NLS team and I could write a book about our dealings with the National League over the last 8-9 months. I'm no fan of this government by any stretch but I back them 100% on not handing over any more tax payer or lottery money to them. They are at best incompetent, at worst complete crooks. From my club's perspective, they have let us down at every step, putting lives and their very member clubs' futures at risk every step of the way. The season at this level should never have started without fans, it was completely unsustainable for 90% of clubs and it does favour the small clubs with no fans but a wealthy backer like Boreham Wood or Dorking. There is one player at Boreham Wood on more money than our entire squad of 18. 

There's a meeting with them tomorrow and now the agenda has moved from safety to money I expect all out rebellion. 

• Paid Members

Hereford have only played less games than Darlington in the league and we have 5 games in hand. Add in trophy games getting postponed too and the prospect of more games getting called off and we could end up having to play literally as Butch said every 3-4 days as a part time wafer thin squad to even get the season done. I'd have rather they just scrapped the season from the get go, it was clear at the time society wasn't getting back to basics, no crowds at non league feels even more like a kick in the park than the bigger leagues that can afford to pay their players to shield and stay in bubbles permanently.

I am expecting half the national League to go completely bust though, they've completely screwed up the funding to salvage clubs and having them bring football back meaning players contracts legally started has been a mess.

We still have 29 games to play. Our game on Saturday was our first in a month.

We actually published a letter we sent to the NL last week saying the league should at least be suspended for safety reasons and got a barrage of criticism because we were third from bottom - we'd not had a great start but had only played 10 games up until that point! Now of course the news has dropped about the next round of financing coming through loans and everyone wants the season cancelled now. Pounds over people. The league and most of the clubs in it are out for themselves. The exception being the NLN clubs who seem pretty organised and largely working together on the matter. I hate football right now.

• Moderators

Today was jumping the gun. Even had Sky convinced!

The WST Board would like to issue the following update regarding the proposed takeover of Wrexham AFC by Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds.

It has come to the Wrexham Supporters Trust Board attention that a member posted unofficial and unsubstantiated remarks on social media about the takeover being ‘concluded tomorrow’ (implying Monday 18 January 2021).

Please be advised that the WST Board will let members know as soon as possible through official Club/WST channels when there are further developments or when matters have been finalised.

Last week the board concluded negotiation of the Share Purchase Agreement with RR McReynolds LLC and have exchanged contracts.

Completion of the deal will now be conditional upon a change to the Wrexham Supporters Trust rules- as approved by the members in November last year- being registered by the Financial Conduct Authority.

We will keep members updated regarding this registration of the changes with the FCA.

In the meantime, we wish all supporters a pleasant week and hope you are keeping safe in these challenging times.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Guy Bifkin said:

We still have 29 games to play. Our game on Saturday was our first in a month.

We actually published a letter we sent to the NL last week saying the league should at least be suspended for safety reasons and got a barrage of criticism because we were third from bottom - we'd not had a great start but had only played 10 games up until that point! Now of course the news has dropped about the next round of financing coming through loans and everyone wants the season cancelled now. Pounds over people. The league and most of the clubs in it are out for themselves. The exception being the NLN clubs who seem pretty organised and largely working together on the matter. I hate football right now.

Slough Town Bifkin?

Never knew you were a fan of one of our earlier rivals.

That's correct. I enjoyed our season in the same league and maintain we would have won the league that year had we not conceded those two late goals against you at home! Still, I had one of my favourite football awaydays when we beat Kings Lynn in the playoff final. It was great to see us play on the same turf as Ronnie Radford did all those years ago. Hopefully we'll get to lock horns in the division above in a few years but it's all about survival for us right now. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Kings Lynn

Ugh, Steve Cleeve. He still brings me out in hives. He tried to buy us before we raised enough money to beat him to it. He had a Q&A on our fan forum and it was pretty much all "SO, you've ripped countless people off over the years..."

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/cleeve.html

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Guy Bifkin said:

That's correct. I enjoyed our season in the same league and maintain we would have won the league that year had we not conceded those two late goals against you at home! Still, I had one of my favourite football awaydays when we beat Kings Lynn in the playoff final. It was great to see us play on the same turf as Ronnie Radford did all those years ago. Hopefully we'll get to lock horns in the division above in a few years but it's all about survival for us right now. 

If the league's stop classing a West Midlands side as North we may get to see you sooner rather than later, all going well with the finances for both sides.

I do still maintain you're right about that game and that season. You absolutely had us running at one stage.

Also, it'd be lovely if we did end up in the same league for me to get you a pint at one of our many fine pub establishments.