General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

Talking about Non League football, a crazy night has happened in the FA Trophy tonight. Leamington beat Kettering 3-0 at home (but playing as the Away team because Kettering's pitch was unplayable) in a game that saw Kettering's captain get sent off in the 11th minute for two quick bookings, one for slapping the referee's hand away then the other for mouthing off because he didn't agree with the yellow nor the free kick the ref had given, then after being led off the pitch, he apparently went nuts in the changing rooms punching a door so loud that it could be heard by Leamington's Twitter Admin reporting on the game. Then, with Leamington 3-0 at half time, the flootlights failed so the game couldn't restart till after 10.30 and then Kettering wound up having two more players sent off late on with the game finally finishing just under an hour ago

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Talking about Non League football, a crazy night has happened in the FA Trophy tonight. Leamington beat Kettering 3-0 at home (but playing as the Away team because Kettering's pitch was unplayable) in a game that saw Kettering's captain get sent off in the 11th minute for two quick bookings, one for slapping the referee's hand away then the other for mouthing off because he didn't agree with the yellow nor the free kick the ref had given, then after being led off the pitch, he apparently went nuts in the changing rooms punching a door so loud that it could be heard by Leamington's Twitter Admin reporting on the game. Then, with Leamington 3-0 at half time, the flootlights failed so the game couldn't restart till after 10.30 and then Kettering wound up having two more players sent off late on with the game finally finishing just under an hour ago

Proper football. If we ever get promoted I'll miss Non League. Not as much as I've missed League like, but still.

• Awards Moderator
21 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

And nor ever I wish cheat codes did work. I've got (Not That) Bobby Grant on 2.5k a week and turned down a free transfer as I refused to give him a 50k payoff.Ā 

Get George Jackson on a free and Ron Dixon on loan and we can talk.

• Paid Members

One of the local papers is suggesting that Adams Traore's transfer Liverpool is back under consideration. I can't see how it would solve any of their current problems as they badly need a striker. However, if true, at least they've found their new feeder club for a few players yet. Could definitely see Neves in a Liverpool shirt in due course - it looks like Wijnaldum is off, Henderson is waning and Keita and Fabhino aren't looking as reliable or creative as they were last season.Ā 

• Paid Members

He is very good at running

3 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Fabhino aren't looking as reliable or creative as they were last season

In fairness, he's been a bit busy being Liverpool's best CB as everyone else is broken. Fabinho is vital for Liverpool.Ā 

Keita hasn't been particularly good since he joined.Ā 

• Paid Members

I think Liverpool have really missed Jota. What a superb signing he has been. He stopped that front three from stagnating by giving opposition defences something else to think about. An object lesson in how to conduct a transfer as well, something United could learn a lesson from.

Keita is a flop. Poor bugger never stays fit long enough to prove otherwise. Iā€™d still keep him over the Ox though. To suggest that Fabinho is anything other than one of our best players this season is a bit mad though. Itā€™s not like heā€™s relied on to be a creative force.Ā 

Traore would just be more pace without production. Iā€™m sure Klopp would fancy his chances of getting something out of him but for the Ā£60m or whatever Wolves would want I donā€™t see it. Maybe if he thinks he can sell Salah and get Traore plus a striker for the same money.

For me, injuries aside, I think we desperately need a reshuffle. Nothing major, not a complete overhaul just a minor changing of the guard. The first 11 picks itself when fit but when you play like maniacs relentlessly for three seasons it has an physical and mental affect.Ā 

• Paid Members

Ox has more value than Keita, purely for registration purposes as bad a reason as that is.

Keita will eventually become a good player and I'll eat my words but he's one of the most disappointingly boring players I've seen in a long time. Just nothing to his game that screams "pick me".

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The first 11 picks itself when fit but when you play like maniacs relentlessly for three seasons it has an physical and mental affect.Ā 

This is quite key as well, especially as these last two seasons have been crammed together. Liverpool don't have a huge squad and can't really rotate players much either. The second half of the season could arguably tougher because they've got the Champions League and they will obviously go full tilt for that. I just wonder if Klopp might just try and grab a player or two before the window ends.

I reckon heā€™d love to but the owners might be cautious. Apparently we were in for a fairly big summer before COVID but thatā€™s always the story. Salah looks like a man with his head turned to me, if his agent has a club willing to pay him Ā£300k/Ā£400k a week then heā€™s off and I think thatā€™s right. Heā€™s our best forward but I donā€™t think he gets better from here and the owners wonā€™t put him in that upper echelons of earners. The only player I can imagine them doing that for is Virgil. So if we could getĀ Ā£100m plus for Salah then tweak tactics and buy 3 first team players I think we will.Ā 
Ā 

I do love the daily ā€œThis is how Liverpool could sign Mbappeā€ stories in TheĀ Echo. Itā€™ll never happen purely on wages because even if no one elseĀ wanted him PSG could still pay him more but if Bayern, Real, Barce, City, Juve orĀ United donā€™t fancy buying Haaland Iā€™d welcome the Jesse Plemmons looking mother fucker with open arms.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon heā€™d love to but the owners might be cautious. Apparently we were in for a fairly big summer before COVID but thatā€™s always the story. Salah looks like a man with his head turned to me, if his agent has a club willing to pay him Ā£300k/Ā£400k a week then heā€™s off and I think thatā€™s right. Heā€™s our best forward but I donā€™t think he gets better from here and the owners wonā€™t put him in that upper echelons of earners. The only player I can imagine them doing that for is Virgil. So if we could getĀ Ā£100m plus for Salah then tweak tactics and buy 3 first team players I think we will.Ā 
Ā 

I do love the daily ā€œThis is how Liverpool could sign Mbappeā€ stories in TheĀ Echo. Itā€™ll never happen purely on wages because even if no one elseĀ wanted him PSG could still pay him more but if Bayern, Real, Barce, City, Juve orĀ United donā€™t fancy buying Haaland Iā€™d welcome the Jesse Plemmons looking mother fucker with open arms.

The thing I admire, if I have to, about Liverpool is that no player is bigger than the club. In fact, nobody is bigger than the club.

• Paid Members

Adama is a right headache. On his day he's unplayable and makes opposition defences look silly, but his end product and decision-making leaves a lot to be desired. He'd seemed to sort out those issues last season but then he faltered again. Until recently he'd gone something like 20 games without a goal or an assist, which isn't good enough for someone who regularly leaves defences in his dust.

He's a right sulker too. He had to fill in at RB for us a few times at the start of the season and he had a face like a slapped arsed for it.