General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

How mad are Sheff Utd this season? I know they massively over performed last season but the little I’ve seen of them this year they’ve not even been that bad, just incapable of getting anything from a game.

Aye a draw would’ve been a fair result for them yesterday but there was a weird inevitability to us getting a goal from somewhere. It wasn’t even that we were creating many chances. They look like goners.

8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

How mad are Sheff Utd this season? I know they massively over performed last season but the little I’ve seen of them this year they’ve not even been that bad, just incapable of getting anything from a game. They certainly don’t seem as bad as the dog shit Derby and Sunderland teams that have plagued the league but the table says different. Probably shouldn’t have signed that awful Bournemouth goalie.

Yeah they definitely overperformed last year for sure and haven't massively dropped in terms of performance so far. They grinded out results last term and haven't been panned very often this season. They've certainly missed O'Connell this term and the likes of McGoldrick, McBurnie and Sharp aren't exactly Premier League quality. I think its unfair to say Ramsdale is awful. He's certainly a downgrade from Henderson but he's not dreadful. Part of me thinks they can go on a mini run of wins at some point but it looks as relegation is inevitable. 

• Paid Members

Can't decide if I'm surprised or not that United end the year 3 points off the top with a game in hand. They've been a perculiar team throughout Solskjaer's reign but rebounding from one of the worst performances I've ever seen from them at home to Spurs to string result after result together is impressive. Performances are still a bit hit and miss, like recently at West Ham where they were awful first half and superb second, but it's a results business, as they say.

Anyone can win the league this year. Whether it's the empty grounds or perceived hectic schedule, everybody is dropping points and it's made for a fascinating situation. Who's your money on? Still Liverpool for me but far less sure than I was a few weeks ago.

This feels a bit like the year Leicester won it apart from there’s no Leicester. We’ve been woefully inefficient over these last two games yet we still end the year on top with no less than 4 key players out. I said it could be a mad season and United could challenge and I bet Rashford is preying Nat Philips plays against him.

Between City and us still but I’m not discounting United who might do something mental in the transfer market and sign the right player. Could do with Fatty Allardyce’s get your shit together COVID break.

This season feels like the fulfilled promise of the "Nobody will care about this season, anyway" narrative that folks in some quarters were desperately trying to spin around Liverpool's title win. Which ended up - obviously - being the most press wetting win in years. But this shit? Nah, man. I've never seen such mutual disinterest from any fanbase in the affairs of their rivals. 

Leeds playing like Shawn Michaels 96 aside, it's tough to think of any tails to pin on this season's donkey. Even without the fans. Although you can have that argument. Fuck all truly brilliant goals, moments etc. It's just a pointless fucking time warp. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

This season feels like the fulfilled promise of the "Nobody will care about this season, anyway" narrative that folks in some quarters were desperately trying to spin around Liverpool's title win.

Reaction gif tagged with don't know, Nick Offerman, Ron Swanson, Parks and  Recreation

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

This season feels like the fulfilled promise of the "Nobody will care about this season, anyway" narrative that folks in some quarters were desperately trying to spin around Liverpool's title win. Which ended up - obviously - being the most press wetting win in years. But this shit? Nah, man. I've never seen such mutual disinterest from any fanbase in the affairs of their rivals. 

Sorry to be that prick but for most fans of Premier League clubs, what's the difference? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Aside from Bayern sticking eight past Barca and Bruno getting a penalty for fucking up a pirouette and nearly snapping someone's leg in two, I'll remember none of this.

Man United and Liverpool lost 6-1 and 7-2 on the same day. Bank Holiday on the Anniversary next year. 

• Paid Members

Well, at least City aren't getting thumped by Brentford tomorrow. Off due to COVID outbreak in our squad.