General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's absolutely ridiculous on a number of levels that we're still playing international football in a pandemic. In south-east Asia they're not, because they've got more fucking sense and are actually treating this thing seriously. But players flying around continents during all this is daft enough for continental competitions, but for largely meaningless international matches that nobody but Tories care about? It's ludicrous.

Authorities showed some semblance of sense when they did those mini-tournaments for the Europa and Champions Leagues. We should be doing those again this season for these competitions and try and get back to normal for 21-22. And injuries like Gomez's hurt more in a compacted calendar when we're shoving out ridiculous amounts of matches in short spaces of time.

Apparently UEFA were quite impressed with the Final 8 mini-tournaments in the summer, but they're not contemplating bringing them back until 2025 if at all possible because the TV contracts until then are meant to guarantee the broadcast rights holders a certain number of live matches in the knockout stages.

If we manage to get back to something approaching normal for 2021-22, then things will go right back to being a headache in 2022-23 because there's due to be a World Cup slap bang in the middle of the season for reasons unrelated to the pandemic. Mind you, at the moment South America is the only continent even holding qualifiers for that World Cup. 

Mo Salah partying at his brothers wedding earlier this week has now tested positive for COVID. 

I assume partying at weddings is not illegal in Egypt, but I bet Klopp isn't too impressed with it. I guess the saving grace is he'll only miss 1 league and maybe 1 champions league game.

• Paid Members

What I really like about this takeover is that everything they've done and said so far has pointed to them being 100% serious about it all, rather than just buying A Football Team. They've made genuine effort to get to know Wrexham's history and background, and I think when you look at the work Reynolds puts into his businesses, Wrexham fans should be really encouraged. I think it's a great story.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

The documentary starts filming tomorrow at The Turf pub where I'm booked in to watch the match. Duw. 

Fucking so excited. 

They've also sent 20 bottles of aviation to several pubs in the town to sell on for profits to go to local charities. Top guys.