General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Where do you see all this wailing Keith? If it's Twitter, then that isn't remotely indicative of the majority of real supporters. Football Twitter is a really bizarre and horrible cesspit.

On here, Facebook, actual mates. But real supporters are the Mancunian ones and they’re pragmatic as I said. It’s the out of towners who are the issue. 

After every loss for United, we get the same thing on Sky.

1. A Roy Keane rant where he will say THIS IS MAAAAN UNIIIIIITED in a very high pitched voice and references a lack of leadership.

2. A 5-10 minute Gary Neville monologue where he references no leaders and will say RECRUITMENT quite a lot and IDENTITY.

3. Jamie Redknapp saying he can't believe how poor they were today.

4. A pointless graphic about Ole's first 10 games

5. A Roy Keane rant/argument with another pundit who offers some hope, where he will say THIS IS MAAAAN UNIIIIIITED in a high pitched voice and question leadership.

6. Gary Neville back in the studio to agree with Roy and talking about young players and the 'teams I played in' and will mention CULTURE.

The hilarious thing about United is all the talk before Fergie went that they wouldn't become what Liverpool became.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The hilarious thing about United is all the talk before Fergie went that they wouldn't become what Liverpool became.

Nobody said this. Also, the parallels between the two situations are weak at best.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don't know a single United fan that didn't think we would be in for a rough ride once Fergie finally called it a day. 

His final season showed what an incredible manager he was. He did amazing things with that squad. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Where do you see all this wailing Keith? If it's Twitter, then that isn't remotely indicative of the majority of real supporters. Football Twitter is a really bizarre and horrible cesspit.

It is very weird. Especially if you're a fan of a big club because they attract tens of thousands of foreign "fans" and those weird accounts who are all named after a particular player and have never seen a game of football outside of FIFA and Football Manager.

Man Utd is a strange one overall though. You've got this weird section of fans who seem to think the world is ending, which for anyone who supports a real up and down club, is laughable. Then you've got plenty who are quite pragmatic despite [ROY KEANE MODE] this being MANCHESTER UNITED [/END] who have been on a slippery slope for 7 years and honestly, look worse than they have at any point. Recruitment is all over the place, the manager is nowhere near their level, the direction from top to bottom is completely absent. Respect to anyone who does remain calm in this situation because while it's not the end of the world, the lack of upward mobility would drive me mad.

19 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Twitter in general is pretty much the dregs.

Agree. All social media is. Though we've just raised ÂŁ30k for Chris Chilton, one of our best ever players, in the last week and i highly doubt that could have been done without social media so it has its uses.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

His final season showed what an incredible manager he was. He did amazing things with that squad. 

It's often forgotten this. Ferguson's last squad was pretty much running on the fumes of his last great squad. Rooney was well on the slide, Rio had lost a lot of his pace, Carrick was still only just coming out of a massive form slump and Fletcher is Scottish. Christ, Cleverly was seen as the future back then.

It was probably the worst title winning side in Ferguson's career, but with the addition of a prime Van Persie, he managed to get it done.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It is very weird. Especially if you're a fan of a big club because they attract tens of thousands of foreign "fans" and those weird accounts who are all named after a particular player and have never seen a game of football outside of FIFA and Football Manager.

Those lot are the worst, but I've also noticed a distinct upturn over the last year or so of people who feel the need to "go fishing" on posts from other clubs seemingly at random.

When Norwich went 1-0 down at Brentford last week the club's tweet about it was immediately replied to (with the standard "LOL small club" and/or "Delete Club" FIFA screenshot, obviously) by fans of random clubs like Nottingham Forest & Bristol City. If it's a fan of a local/historic rival I can sort of understand it, but to do it on any old club's feed must be a whole other level of boredom.

4 minutes ago, Statto said:

Those lot are the worst, but I've also noticed a distinct upturn over the last year or so of people who feel the need to "go fishing" on posts from other clubs seemingly at random.

When Norwich went 1-0 down at Brentford last week the club's tweet about it was immediately replied to (with the standard "LOL small club" and/or "Delete Club" FIFA screenshot, obviously) by fans of random clubs like Nottingham Forest & Bristol City. If it's a fan of a local/historic rival I can sort of understand it, but to do it on any old club's feed must be a whole other level of boredom.

Anything involving Harry Kane or Mo Salah seems to get taken over by idiotic Liverpool/Spurs fans moaning that the other is a bigger cheat. I don't get this weird beef but those 2 sets of fans are the worst on Twitter. By a mile.

To be honest one of my favourite internet past times is reading the mental tweets/posts by a fair few noted Everton fans about Liverpool. I know it’s a vocal minority and all clubs have them but this particular subset are incredibly entertaining in their madness.

I avoid RAWK for this exact same reason mind.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, stewdogg said:

Anything involving Harry Kane or Mo Salah seems to get taken over by idiotic Liverpool/Spurs fans moaning that the other is a bigger cheat. I don't get this weird beef but those 2 sets of fans are the worst on Twitter. By a mile.

Its Mané anyway.

• Paid Members
On 11/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, garynysmon said:

I was thinking the exact same while watching the pundits after yesterday's game. You can spout the same old cliches about being Man Utd and how big you are as much as you like, it doesn't change anything. 

I'm 36 now and its incredible to think that of all the Man Utd fans I know (a lot given everyone was starting to get into football around 1992), for them this is the first real sustained period of not winning trophies ad nauseum. Some are finding it hard to cope with that.

Personally I think its fucking hilarious mind.  

That's one thing that struck me recently as well - they've not really gone any length of time without the league title in a generation. I'm the same age as you and I have fond memories of early 90's Sky Sports broadcasting Premier League games. Synonymous with the times, Sky Sports, Andy Gray and Manchester United winning the league.