General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What I really like about this takeover is that everything they've done and said so far has pointed to them being 100% serious about it all, rather than just buying A Football Team. They've made genuine effort to get to know Wrexham's history and background, and I think when you look at the work Reynolds puts into his businesses, Wrexham fans should be really encouraged. I think it's a great story.

Apparently a lot of it has to do with former Liverpool CEO Peter Moore when Liverpool won the title year. He's a local lad. And also rumoured to be taking over the job as CEO. 

That is just as important as the owners to have that head on the team. A fine Llangollen boy. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

And I don't want to harp on about it, but I'm going to. We've had several chairmen who've tried to sell us, sell our stadium, sell our history. 

Hamilton took us over, and an injunction made him sell the club to avoid asset stripping us, and he sold it to Moss and Dickens, who were local, we thought they were OK, and they tried to asset strip us too. So we all bought the club ourselves. And we held on. 

We're a shit football club these days, but we'll be back were we belong soon. League one. Possibly even the championship

Edited by PowerButchi

I glanced at an article the other week concerning Solskjaer's management of Utd. The suggestion was, that whilst they can be quite effective playing against expansive teams, the struggles come when they're faced with sides, playing a low-block or simply put, defending deep.

The suggestion being, he lacks the modern coaching skills of the Klopps & Poch's etc. I don't see enough of them to really judge, but I figured there might be some creedance to what he said. Today, I saw this piece of genius from Solskjaer himself: "Sometimes I felt the whole team was way too much over to the left. We were too open down the right, too many players wanted to play football over to the other side".

Whilst I understand his drift (I've seen that with my own team, at times), it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes (let's say a first half) to correct that. Seems an over-simplistic explanation for clearly more deep-rooted issues.

I don't see Wilder getting sacked anytime soon considering where he's taken them from and how poor that squad is on paper. The fact we're seeing a Premier League team with the likes of McGoldrick and Sharpe in 2020 is testament enough to the job he's done. 

Yeah, I’m still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt compared to Suarez, no doubt United will handle it better either way.

Peter Moore at Wrexham is an absolute baller move. I heard he used to be a P.E teacher in Llangollen and thought he might be up for a bit of pro bono/passion project work at Wrexham but to see it happen is still wild. Even if it’s just setting the infrastructure in place for a steady future it’s a great thing for Wrexham. Wrexham in Fifa? He’s got the contacts!

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah, I’m still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt compared to Suarez, no doubt United will handle it better either way.

You're kinder and more hopeful than I am!

If United don't do something then, at best, they're massive hypocrites. As for Cavani, it's just staggering. As a Uruguayan who has played with Suarez at international level dozens of times and therefore must have been aware of the Evra incident and the furore around it, it's absolutely mind-boggling that he said that. Even more so because he's playing for the club of the player who was abused! It's absolutely infuriating and depressing. Cavani is a fucking idiot.