General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Neco Williams was just behind me in the Shell garage. His car is dead nice. 

What car was it?

As an aside, Liverpool are actually tearing it up in Europe aren't they? I thought they'd struggle without VVD, but they seem to have got this attitude of like 'everything is against us' and are now just brushing teams aside for a laugh. Ominous for all the teams in the premier league too.

And what a signing Jota is proving to be, I remember Wolves fans were like £45 million for a player that only turns up every now and again. They also said the same about Doherty, unfortunately they were right with Doherty.

• Moderators

Some low to the ground black Mercedes sporty number. I know fuck all about cars, but my boss was with me and he reckoned it was at least 30k worth of car. 

His dad's got a white small van. That's more my kind of thing. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Ever seen a top team concede a worse goal than that first one United did tonight? If they got caught like that chasing a goal in the last minute, you'd take it but at 0-0 after 12 minutes, how on earth do you have all 10 outfield players in the attacking third of the pitch? Insane.

• Paid Members

I couldn't quite believe what I was watching. I thought 'surely there's someone further back? Ba really couldn't have twenty yards of free space around him, inside his own half, with no one left to pass between himself and the keeper, could he?' He sure fucking did have all that space as it turned out.

You wouldn't even see a goal like that watching the Swift's at Stangmore Park on a Saturday afternoon. Having said that, our top scorer at Dungannon is likely to be our centre back, so you'd like to think we would be half way competent at defending since we're less likely to score a goal than Shane Long. 

Edited by WeeAl

United were awful today, have been all season. Ole's been in charge for 2 years and there's no attacking plan at all, which is why they struggle to break down teams who sit back. There's a reason why the best teams seem to score similar goals, and United don't (penalties aside). 

No threat from set pieces, no threat from the full backs, no subs made to help change the game, just like for like substitutions. 

Allegri and Poch are somehow, both jobless

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Well, right up until Forest scored a penalty with the last kick of the game. 

Forest were absolute dogshit. We deserved fuck all from that game. 

• Moderators

I know everyone is bored of me going on about Wrexham, and next season I'll make my own thread so people can avoid me going on about them like we did with the North London clubs, but here is their mission statement. 

ALWAYS BEAT CHESTER. 

Screenshot_20201108_223623_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108_223637_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108_223630_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108_223701_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I know everyone is bored of me going on about Wrexham, and next season I'll make my own thread so people can avoid me going on about them like we did with the North London clubs, but here is their mission statement. 

ALWAYS BEAT CHESTER. 

Screenshot_20201108_223623_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108_223637_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108_223630_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108_223701_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's an exciting time for you. Go on about it all you want, the vast majority will understand why you're doing it!

Whilst I have some, limited sympathy with the Prem managers wanting 5 subs (and only in the current circumstances), it would/will only further disadvantage the 'smaller' clubs. City, Chelsea & the likes can fill their bench with superstars, Fulham & Burnley, not so much. Far easier if they'd knocked the Europa & Champions Leagues on the head completely for this season. No doubt they'd have been into law suits and all manner of shit from broadcasters & whoever else benefits financially from those, though. It feels that football is being further and further removed from fans (even managers & players) and it's mostly non-football dickheads at the heart of it. I include VAR & fucking ridiculous handball rules in that.

On the fixture congestion issue; Preston once had to play 2 games in 24 hours. Yes, really. They even managed a draw in the second game, if I recall correctly. That's proper fixture congestion.

On 11/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, garynysmon said:

I'm 36 now and its incredible to think that of all the Man Utd fans I know (a lot given everyone was starting to get into football around 1992), for them this is the first real sustained period of not winning trophies ad nauseum. Some are finding it hard to cope with that.

Personally I think its fucking hilarious mind.  

I'm just about old enough to remember United in Div 2 after Denis Law hilariously relegated them, playing; Oxford, York, Orient, Bristol Rovers and the likes. Mind you, they were still getting crowds of 50,000+ and 63,000 at home to Sunderland, who brought about 10,000 of their fans. Shame it only lasted a year.

I know mention was made a few times that Southampton were briefly top of the table on Friday/Saturday. Best one I can remember was Carlisle United, who once briefly topped, what is now the Premier League.

Edited by KingofSports