General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

Well as long as their response isn’t T-shirt’s and a candle lit vigil then they’ve handled it better than us! I hadn’t seen what he actually said just the BBC report that makes it sound innocent enough so maybe my kindness was misplaced but having now seen it I believe it’s stupidity and ignorance with not an ounce of malice. Worthy of punishment but maybe not the witch-hunt that will undoubtedly ensue.

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You're kinder and more hopeful than I am!

If United don't do something then, at best, they're massive hypocrites. As for Cavani, it's just staggering. As a Uruguayan who has played with Suarez at international level dozens of times and therefore must have been aware of the Evra incident and the furore around it, it's absolutely mind-boggling that he said that. Even more so because he's playing for the club of the player who was abused! It's absolutely infuriating and depressing. Cavani is a fucking idiot.

Bollocks they are. The FA's ruling on Suarez acknowledged that 'Negrito' and 'Negro' can be used as affectionate terms between friends in Uruguay and other parts of Latin America. Which is what Cavani was clearly doing.

In complete contrast to that - Suarez angrily and mockingly told Evra not to touch him as he doesn't touch Negritoes. Then pinched Evra's skin and repeated the word to him several times antagonistically. LFC/Dalglish tried to make the whole affair about whether 'Negrito' is equivalent to the N word in English, which it isn't, but this was a pure confidence trick to try and avoid the ban. Suarez was banned for the context in which he used the word. By way of analogy - its not offensive for me to call someone 'black' per se, but if I angrily told a black person that I don't touch blacks and then mockingly repeated the word to them any reasonable person would recognise I was being racially antagonistic.

Relevant part of the FA decision below, hopefully common sense prevails in the Cavani case:

Edited by Pinc

22 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

At what point does supporting Everton stop being about supporting Everton and start being about not supporting Liverpool?

Ha, I just remember the lunacy of that period too well. Felt like all anyone in the city talked about for ages. To see it used to score points on another team now that the details have faded from memory gets my goat.

Edited by Pinc

• Paid Members

Does anyone remember around the time of Italia 90 Coca Cola released their amazing little footballs?

A bunch of players toured the UKs schools showing kids how to do kick ups and other skills, thry came to mine.

It came up in a recent chat, and one of my mates is adamant the player in question was a young Pochettino. I'm not too sure although the player was defo Argentinian.

Did anyone else experience this tour? And can you remember the player(s) you saw?

• Paid Members

This season has been off it's titts football wise for us Barnsley fans. We managed to win at Loftus Road for the first time since Jesus walked the earth early in the season, and now I'm still buzzing almost 24 hours later after we won at Hillsborough(another place we never seem to get a result at!). You would think the shine would be taken off it seeing as that was the worst Wednesday team I can remember them having(even adding in the teams they had in League 1), playing some of the least entertaining football I have ever seen them play, but no! I can't stop smiling still!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm pleased to see Barnsley having a decent season so far. The way you're going you might actually be able to relax throughout April and May next year. 

We need to get as many points in the bank as possible before Christmas, to make up for the slump in form caused by the inevitable January fire sale where the board give away any players they can get offers for!