General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

• Moderators

The documentary starts filming tomorrow at The Turf pub where I'm booked in to watch the match. Duw. 

Fucking so excited. 

They've also sent 20 bottles of aviation to several pubs in the town to sell on for profits to go to local charities. Top guys. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know everyone is bored of me going on about Wrexham, and next season I'll make my own thread so people can avoid me going on about them like we did with the North London clubs, but here is their mis

Butch Sunny.mp4

They even used a cracking Dusty finish in the Brighton/United match...

Posted Images

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What I really like about this takeover is that everything they've done and said so far has pointed to them being 100% serious about it all, rather than just buying A Football Team. They've made genuine effort to get to know Wrexham's history and background, and I think when you look at the work Reynolds puts into his businesses, Wrexham fans should be really encouraged. I think it's a great story.

Apparently a lot of it has to do with former Liverpool CEO Peter Moore when Liverpool won the title year. He's a local lad. And also rumoured to be taking over the job as CEO. 

That is just as important as the owners to have that head on the team. A fine Llangollen boy. 

Edited by PowerButchi
48 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The documentary starts filming tomorrow at The Turf pub where I'm booked in to watch the match. Duw.

Don’t run like a fanny this time. 

• Moderators

And I don't want to harp on about it, but I'm going to. We've had several chairmen who've tried to sell us, sell our stadium, sell our history. 

Hamilton took us over, and an injunction made him sell the club to avoid asset stripping us, and he sold it to Moss and Dickens, who were local, we thought they were OK, and they tried to asset strip us too. So we all bought the club ourselves. And we held on. 

We're a shit football club these days, but we'll be back were we belong soon. League one. Possibly even the championship

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Members

Gonna be a hell of a save for Football Manager in the January update (they said yesterday unless the deal is fully confirmed by today it won't make the data for the release). 

I glanced at an article the other week concerning Solskjaer's management of Utd. The suggestion was, that whilst they can be quite effective playing against expansive teams, the struggles come when they're faced with sides, playing a low-block or simply put, defending deep.

The suggestion being, he lacks the modern coaching skills of the Klopps & Poch's etc. I don't see enough of them to really judge, but I figured there might be some creedance to what he said. Today, I saw this piece of genius from Solskjaer himself: "Sometimes I felt the whole team was way too much over to the left. We were too open down the right, too many players wanted to play football over to the other side".

Whilst I understand his drift (I've seen that with my own team, at times), it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes (let's say a first half) to correct that. Seems an over-simplistic explanation for clearly more deep-rooted issues.