General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think you can tell him what to do? You think you can tell him what to wear? You think that you're better? Well you better get ready to bow to the master  

Frame this quote and nail it up outside every football ground in the world.  

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Gonna be a hell of a save for Football Manager in the January update (they said yesterday unless the deal is fully confirmed by today it won't make the data for the release). 

I glanced at an article the other week concerning Solskjaer's management of Utd. The suggestion was, that whilst they can be quite effective playing against expansive teams, the struggles come when they're faced with sides, playing a low-block or simply put, defending deep.

The suggestion being, he lacks the modern coaching skills of the Klopps & Poch's etc. I don't see enough of them to really judge, but I figured there might be some creedance to what he said. Today, I saw this piece of genius from Solskjaer himself: "Sometimes I felt the whole team was way too much over to the left. We were too open down the right, too many players wanted to play football over to the other side".

Whilst I understand his drift (I've seen that with my own team, at times), it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes (let's say a first half) to correct that. Seems an over-simplistic explanation for clearly more deep-rooted issues.

Yeah, I’m still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt compared to Suarez, no doubt United will handle it better either way.

Peter Moore at Wrexham is an absolute baller move. I heard he used to be a P.E teacher in Llangollen and thought he might be up for a bit of pro bono/passion project work at Wrexham but to see it happen is still wild. Even if it’s just setting the infrastructure in place for a steady future it’s a great thing for Wrexham. Wrexham in Fifa? He’s got the contacts!

Edited by Mr_Danger
  • Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Yeah, I’m still inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt compared to Suarez, no doubt United will handle it better either way.

You're kinder and more hopeful than I am!

If United don't do something then, at best, they're massive hypocrites. As for Cavani, it's just staggering. As a Uruguayan who has played with Suarez at international level dozens of times and therefore must have been aware of the Evra incident and the furore around it, it's absolutely mind-boggling that he said that. Even more so because he's playing for the club of the player who was abused! It's absolutely infuriating and depressing. Cavani is a fucking idiot.

Well as long as their response isn’t T-shirt’s and a candle lit vigil then they’ve handled it better than us! I hadn’t seen what he actually said just the BBC report that makes it sound innocent enough so maybe my kindness was misplaced but having now seen it I believe it’s stupidity and ignorance with not an ounce of malice. Worthy of punishment but maybe not the witch-hunt that will undoubtedly ensue.

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You're kinder and more hopeful than I am!

If United don't do something then, at best, they're massive hypocrites. As for Cavani, it's just staggering. As a Uruguayan who has played with Suarez at international level dozens of times and therefore must have been aware of the Evra incident and the furore around it, it's absolutely mind-boggling that he said that. Even more so because he's playing for the club of the player who was abused! It's absolutely infuriating and depressing. Cavani is a fucking idiot.

Bollocks they are. The FA's ruling on Suarez acknowledged that 'Negrito' and 'Negro' can be used as affectionate terms between friends in Uruguay and other parts of Latin America. Which is what Cavani was clearly doing.

In complete contrast to that - Suarez angrily and mockingly told Evra not to touch him as he doesn't touch Negritoes. Then pinched Evra's skin and repeated the word to him several times antagonistically. LFC/Dalglish tried to make the whole affair about whether 'Negrito' is equivalent to the N word in English, which it isn't, but this was a pure confidence trick to try and avoid the ban. Suarez was banned for the context in which he used the word. By way of analogy - its not offensive for me to call someone 'black' per se, but if I angrily told a black person that I don't touch blacks and then mockingly repeated the word to them any reasonable person would recognise I was being racially antagonistic.

Relevant part of the FA decision below, hopefully common sense prevails in the Cavani case:

Edited by Pinc
22 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

At what point does supporting Everton stop being about supporting Everton and start being about not supporting Liverpool?

Ha, I just remember the lunacy of that period too well. Felt like all anyone in the city talked about for ages. To see it used to score points on another team now that the details have faded from memory gets my goat.

Edited by Pinc