General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Well Pep replaced Bravo for a start. Granted, City have won titles and trophies since (not when Bravo was the first choice keeper I might add - they won nothing that season). Hart hasn’t done much since either but being so unceremoniously ditched by Pep probably didn’t do Hart’s confidence and mentality much good. Don’t get me wrong, Pep has been great for City overall but his treatment of certain players has left me baffled at times. I blame Pep’s treatment of Leroy Sane for him becoming unsettled and wanting to leave. I still don’t think Pep trusts Phil Foden either (one of the only players who looked like he cared when he came on in the second half yesterday). City aren’t exactly setting the Premier League alight right now either by the way.

If you'd watched any of Guardiola's teams you would know that Hart wasn't what he was going to want from a keeper. He's trying to win trophies and he's managing a club that's spent hundreds of millions of pounds. The owners want trophies. He had to be ruthless and he was. He wanted a keeper who was confident with the ball at his feet and who would be good at distribution. Hart has never been either of those things. Bravo's failure didn't change Guardiola's mind, he just realised he needed different defenders in front of him and a more mobile keeper for a faster paced league. You can't blame Guardiola for Hart's failings since. If he was as good a keeper as you're claiming then he would have found another big club and thrived there. He didn't.

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You can't blame Guardiola for Hart's failings since. If he was as good a keeper as you're claiming then he would have found another big club and thrived there. He didn't.

Well Hart is at Spurs now so if Lloris gets injured, he might get a chance to show he’s capable again.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Well Hart is at Spurs now so if Lloris gets injured, he might get a chance to show he’s capable again.

Reserve keeper. Yeah, he's done well for himself.

20 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Reserve keeper. Yeah, he's done well for himself.

Probably about as good as JH was going to get in the Premier League under the circumstances. If he gets a chance through injury or whatever else, then good luck to him. I was disappointed when Pep ditched him from City and wish him well for the future. Think we can agree to disagree on this one.

• Moderators

Sunday is vote day. Rob also put on snap chat that this is the most important vote of the next fortnight. 

Please please please let this happen. 

There's prople trying to stop it going through. Why? I've had the paper work to vote on, the 2million up front is a gift and they're leaving the ground in our hands and renting it off us for 155,000 a season, and said in clause 4 were not moving and won't change our badge, colours, history, and will have a Gresford Colliery disaster tribute annually. 

Slap me. This can't be happening. 

Screenshot_20201029_223154_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201029_224413_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20201029_224426_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

VAR just keeps on giving.

I Jimmied a lot during that shambles.

To be fair, they got every decision correct. Don't think I'd have a complaint to make if it were the other way round.

This season, I have to say VAR seems be doing ok for Wolves, compared to last where the offside Pube rule, encroachment, missed handballs and high feet hit us really hard in a number of key games. This year it's missing Wolves kick players in the bollocks.

• Paid Members

This doesn't fall into domestic football as such but I was reading about Oscar, the ex Chelsea midfielder and realised he's still only 29! 

I was reading up on him after the PL games this weekend because the pundits suggested at various points during the games that the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal (and Manchester City believe it or not!) need a really creative midfielder to supply the wealth of attackers each club currently has. 

Now, all the teams above have fantastic midfielders but I thought the likes of Arsenal or Tottenham in particular would benefit from his type of play and could consider him in January. That was until I saw he was earning £400k per week! 

Anyway, on topic - Solskjaer does realise that referencing "Man U DNA" every press conference means nothing and doesn't make the likes of McTominay any good? 

The "DNA" as he puts it left with Sir Alex. As an outsider looking at the situation there I can't understand why they've not made a change (Poch) to follow through the project. There's long spells in games where the players look so apathetic about what's happening round about them. They're just so passive. The odd decent win here and there is covering up a really average job in progress. 

They're slowly turning into Liverpool of the late 90s/early 00s. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Anyway, on topic - Solskjaer does realise that referencing "Man U DNA" every press conference means nothing and doesn't make the likes of McTominay any good? 

The "DNA" as he puts it left with Sir Alex. As an outsider looking at the situation there I can't understand why they've not made a change (Poch) to follow through the project. There's long spells in games where the players look so apathetic about what's happening round about them. They're just so passive. The odd decent win here and there is covering up a really average job in progress. 

They're slowly turning into Liverpool of the late 90s/early 00s. 

I was thinking the exact same while watching the pundits after yesterday's game. You can spout the same old cliches about being Man Utd and how big you are as much as you like, it doesn't change anything. 

I'm 36 now and its incredible to think that of all the Man Utd fans I know (a lot given everyone was starting to get into football around 1992), for them this is the first real sustained period of not winning trophies ad nauseum. Some are finding it hard to cope with that.

Personally I think its fucking hilarious mind.  

• Paid Members

I don't know many United fans that are finding it hard to cope with not winning the league. It's the frustration with the fact that the players that are there should be doing much better than they are. We are miles off the top 2, but we shouldn't be as far behind as we are with the squad we have.

I’ve thought Poch would be a good fit at United for years but at this point they should probably aim higher. It would be fucking hilarious if they went and got Ancelotti and I think he could give them some immediate success and jump start them whilst not leaving them in a mess like Jose. There’s the making of a good team there they just keep ignoring the obvious gaps in the first 11 but that’s not the fault nor responsibility of the manager at United.

39 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Personally I think its fucking hilarious mind.  

Yep, same here. Although it’s worth noting that the ones I know in Manchester are pragmatic about it but the real wailing comes from the entitled out of town glory supporters.