General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

Utter hypocrisy from anyone at Liverpool to moan about wanting VAR to be looked at given how many decisions went in their favour last season not to mention Van Dijk and Robertson escaping cards, the latter’s challenge not even being looked at.

They deserved to win the game, you’d be hard pushed to find any blue that doesn’t admit that as we were pretty poor for much of it and Richarlison is going to be a massive miss for us as he’s now banned until the trip to Fulham after the next international break

For all the VAR nonces.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club%3fplatform=amp

Cut short, Liverpool didn’t hugely benefit from VAR last season, we were just much much better at football than every other team.

Everton were lucky, Richarlison is shit and over rated.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

For all the VAR nonces.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club%3fplatform=amp

Cut short, Liverpool didn’t hugely benefit from VAR last season, we were just much much better at football than every other team.

Everton were lucky, Richarlison is shit and over rated.

Keane and Mina knew what they were doing, and Pickford was trolling with the non-save cause he knew. I don’t know why so many Liverpool fans are getting so upset. 

When your best player gets taken out in a derby with a nasty cynical foul you tend to get a bit miffed. It’s not unheard of. Personally I couldn’t care enough about football to be ‘so upset’ but let’s not pretend you can’t understand why others do.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I don’t know why so many Liverpool fans are getting so upset. 

Are you trolling or stupid or both? Stresshead Pickford puts the best centre back in the world out for months, I'd probably have the arse too.

13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are you trolling or stupid or both? Stresshead Pickford puts the best centre back in the world out for months, I'd probably have the arse too.

Said best centre back went through two of our best players early on and didn't get as much of a talking to, indeed it was applauded online by the BBC's live feed report. Pickford's challenge was bad but not bad enough that there needs to be threats made against him of both the death and legal variety

8 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Pickford's challenge was bad but not bad enough that there needs to be threats made against him of both the death and legal variety

I’ll ignore tedious whatabouttery and just say this is absolutely spot on. No one on here is saying anything to the contrary. I read a reply to the news of Virgil leaving the hospital on crutches that said “Wish it was a body bag”. The web is full of weird helmets.

• Paid Members

It's also been a great day to be a Celtic fan. 

Absolutely spineless performance from the players. It's getting clearer that it was the crowds that really were making us stronger over the years than other clubs walking into the biggest stadium a lot of them will play in. 

No atmosphere or crowd to get on their back and half of them treated it like a day out. Covid withdrawals or not to not have a single shot on target all game is criminal. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Said best centre back went through two of our best players early on and didn't get as much of a talking to, indeed it was applauded online by the BBC's live feed report. Pickford's challenge was bad but not bad enough that there needs to be threats made against him of both the death and legal variety

You really are tedious in this thread, aren't you. Just the very sad epitome of the blinkered football fan. Grow up.

I was trolling a bit. In my view Pickford was clumsy, he knew he was gonna follow through but I don’t believe he meant to injure him. 
In the first 2-3 minutes Van Dijk did mean to hurt James and Calvert-Lewin. Andy Robertson did mean to hurt Allan by kicking out at him, which seems to have been forgotten, and Richarlison meant to hurt Thiago. 
The Pickford incident was certainly a lot less malicious than Robertson and Richarlison.