General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I bet the Scots havent felt this good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978.

Genuinely interested in how other Scottish posters feel, but I think I’m immune to feeling any kind of emotion after a Scotland game. It’s the knowledge that we probably won’t beat Serbia and if by some miracle we get through, we will almost certainly humiliate ourselves in the Euros.

At this point the best course of action is to hold our hands up, admit we’re shit and give up on the football. If we give up literally right now we’re quitting on the closest thing this team will get to a high. 

• Moderators

It was marvellous watching Rodon and Mepham mark each other and literally physically hold each other back while 2 yards away from Conor Coady for the second. Fucks sakes. 

Although tonight brought up a massive issue with Wales. If Keiffer Moore, Bale, or Ramsey aren't on the pitch to score it, nor David Brooks or Joe Allen to make it, you really can't see Wales scoring. Brooks and Ramsey are back for the next game, but fuck me if Keiffer Moore is injured we are reeeeeealllly going to miss him. The entire upturn in our form is just him being a massive awkward target man. It's what we're built around and have been for 18 months. 

And Ryan Giggs in his eternal arsehole glory neglected to call up a Christian Doidge, Sam Vokes, or Tom Bradshaw who could do a similar job after HRK pulled out. 

Ace. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

It was marvellous watching Rodon and Mepham mark each other and literally physically hold each other back while 2 yards away from Conor Coady for the second. Fucks sakes. 

Thought we started bright and their first was a total sucker punch, against the run of play. Truly terrible defending.

He has to call up Doidge if Moore is unfit. I don't trust Tyler Roberts to play the target man role and Vokes is essentially immobile. I'd rather call up John Hartson if it came to that.

But tonight was only a 'B' international anyway.....

Edited by garynysmon

• Moderators

First half we easily the better team. Probably should have been a B international as this might damage our Pot 1 status. 

It shows how pointless a game it was though when both England and Wales fans have pretty much all said "why the fuck are we playing this?" we've 3 in 7, England have 3 in 6. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

First half we easily the better team. Probably should have been a B international as this might damage our Pot 1 status. 

It shows how pointless a game it was though when both England and Wales fans have pretty much all said "why the fuck are we playing this?" we've 3 in 7, England have 3 in 6. 

It also shows just how much of a drop off underneath the first choice XI there is for a small country like us.

Someone like Danny Ings is England's 3rd choice striker, Premier League quality across the board and in every position and cover.

Who's our 3rd choice striker, Sam Vokes (Stoke)? Doidge (Hibernian)? When both countries have their full strength XI out its a bit more even at least.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Imagine the sort of dross which would make up a Wales B in the late 90s. 

Before last night, 1991 was the last Wales v England 'B' international. Some of those names bring back a lot of nostalgia.

(Did alright considering we seemingly only had 10 players....)

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.41.55.png

These days, Malcom Allen is best known for being on co-comms for S4C's football coverage (with Nic Parry of Reslo fame). Yes, that's him screaming like a girl every time a goal goes in...

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
On 10/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, PowerButchi said:

So Keiffer Moore is suspended for Wednesday. Looking forward to 90 minutes of never looking like scoring with Tyler Roberts struggling as a lone striker. 

Combine them and you have a 'just out of development' shit tag team for NXT.

On 10/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, PowerButchi said:

Hollywood FC has now expanded to Universe FC. 

I've fuckujg bummed Chris Hadfield for years. This has only intensified the bumming power. 

IMG-20201011-WA0000.jpg

How did Wrexham's newly found showbiz fans react to their embarrassing home defeat to the Maidenhead Paedophiles last night?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

How did Wrexham's newly found showbiz fans react to their embarrassing home defeat to the Maidenhead Paedophiles last night

They've decided to buy Chester instead, the greatest insult.