General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Keep David Moyes on Zoom. I would have been happy with 3 points before Christmas, we’ve had 6 points and scored 7 in our last two games.

Watch us sell Rice for £20 million tomorrow and be shot for the rest of the season to boot.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

As a Newcastle fan, and so ostensibly a neutral when it comes to the top of the table, can I request that we never let fans back in?  The football has been random as fuck since the restart last season and it's been infinitely more interesting.

Hold your horses with the form shown by Man City and Liverpool Newcastle will be fighting for the title with Everton.

2 hours ago, ElCece said:

Hold your horses with the form shown by Man City and Liverpool Newcastle will be fighting for the title with Everton.

Oh, I know. I, for one hope Everton hold this form though, they've been one of those teams where every Summer you question if this is the year that they've cracked it with signings, but this might just be the one.

As for us, this weekends results probably took some pressure off Bruce. Trousering Spurs, (Albeit with some help) last week looks a bit of a coup after that! 

• Paid Members

It has been a really interesting start to the season. I'm hoping this unpredictability continues, but also can't help thinking at some point it might calm down and we'll be back to something resembling "business as usual"

• Moderators

Rodon's going to S**** isn't he? David Brooks should definitely be playing Premier League football though. A tremendous talent although he's better playing as a number 10 than on the wing. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Spurs have bid for Rodon, yeah. Domestic window has another couple of weeks. Brooks is great. Heard a rumour that a loan back to Sheff U might work for both clubs. After a disjointed year though, he just needs to play regardless.

• Paid Members

BBC piece on the goal rush: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54433028

Amid the obvious "defenders are all knackered", one theory I hadn't considered is strikers might be more likely to take an unlikely shot because there's less fear of the crowd turning against them for wasting possession with what looks like a shit attempt if you miss.

• Moderators

1-0 loss to Solihull tonight and Mac was watching the game. We played then off them the park to be honest, but now I worried him and Ryan might want to pull out. 

But at the sam time, a shit team is going to get more views if they make a documentary about us. I dunno. 

On 10/6/2020 at 2:53 PM, PowerButchi said:

David Brooks should definitely be playing Premier League football though. A tremendous talent although he's better playing as a number 10 than on the wing. 

Somewhat difficult to comment, due to his lengthy lay-off, but the form he showed prior to that was outstanding. I'm pretty surprised nobody came in with a serious offer. Clubs have spent £50m on some right old shit, so I'd have taken the gamble @ £40m or whatever his price was.

Like many others, VAR first & now the handball rules (along with other appauling & footballing-wise, clueless officiating) are making a fucking nonsense of the game. There was 1 big issue that took years to sort out (goal-line technology). I'd have been happy to argue the toss on individual penalty, offside calls etc. ' til kingdom come. We've managed successfully that way for over a hundred years. You could even argue that was part of the joy of being a fan. Leave these bastards to it & you'll end up with a game of quarters, puncuated by commercials...seriously, don't put anything past them. They clearly aren't football people. Oh & Blatter, get to jail, you cunt.