General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

Imagine starting the season with three centre backs and them all getting ruled out for the season by January! I have no idea what the Preston lad is like and the only things I’ve seen of Kabak are him spitting on another player who’s on the floor and highlight reels of him playing like Dejan Lovren but it’ll be a baptism of fire either way. Really relying on Fabinho to not be made of Weetabix for the rest of the season. 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You think you can tell him what to do? You think you can tell him what to wear? You think that you're better? Well you better get ready to bow to the master  

I know everyone is bored of me going on about Wrexham, and next season I'll make my own thread so people can avoid me going on about them like we did with the North London clubs, but here is their mis

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I do admire Liverpool's transfer dealings though. They identify a player, offer the appropriate price and then pay it immediately.

Then there's United.

Apparently the Kabak deal was £1m down with a future fee of £18m with no obligation to buy. Given how desperate we are it’s a great deal and I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up selling the Preston lad next year for a tidy profit. It’ll be interesting to see how the market bends in the summer because we’ll still have Man City paying £50m or £60m for squad players whilst most of the other teams will be trying to bring it in line with the money they’ve lost.

Moyes isn’t getting enough credit for the job he’s doing at West Ham. Thought he was unlucky to have been replaced with Pellegrini the first time around.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Moyes isn’t getting enough credit for the job he’s doing at West Ham. Thought he was unlucky to have been replaced with Pellegrini the first time around.

As a West Ham fan I agree. The club are run by idiots. He kept us up whilst losing key players and they binned him off for the tree man who was way past his prime. I was excited for Lingard, though I know we won’t keep him, so much so I put him in my FL team this week. And it paid off  

F9CB3AA4-C198-42BD-A0FE-1D0F09FCE307.jpeg

Fair play. That’s a decent points total for the week for Fantasy Footy. Couldn’t understand the Pellegrini appointment. He did well at Man City but he had much more money to spend there. Think it’s taken Moyes a while to shake off the negative stigma that was attached to him after he failed at Man United but I think he’s finally done so and credit to him.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Fair play. That’s a decent points total for the week for Fantasy Footy. Couldn’t understand the Pellegrini appointment. He did well at Man City but he had much more money to spend there. Think it’s taken Moyes a while to shake off the negative stigma that was attached to him after he failed at Man United but I think he’s finally done so and credit to him.

I hope so. He wasn’t given a fair shake at Man Utd I don’t think. I mean we’re massively over achieving this year, and I get it’s an odd season with regards results and league positions. But even the way we’re playing at the moment. We look like a competent team rather then a hodgepodge and it’s been great to watch.

A lot of that Man United side that Moyes inherited were over the age of thirty and Scholes had just retired. Reminded me of Souness taking over at Liverpool in ‘91. I don’t think Moyes was given much of a chance at Man United either. 

Man City looking like favourites for the title now that Liverpool’s injury crisis has caught up with them. City have some tricky games coming up though.

Sod the injuries, we're just knackered. It's the same set of tactics with varying degrees of lethargy. It's not like the depleted defence is conceding loads. We're not creative enough going forward anymore and teams have clocked it. Our only consistent threat is a player whose definitely fucking off if this flagging is here to stay and whose pretty much playing by himself, for himself at times. 

I don't want to go all magic of Anfield on it, but with the crowds gone and definitely our biggest moment ever in the rear view mirror, Klopps driving engine isn't there. His teams play on emotion. Without any of that things can quickly turn around, and you'd put your money on a professional outfit like City any day. 

Man City haven’t won at Anfield since 2003 (when Keegan was manager - Anelka scored the winner). This weekend is Man City’s best chance in a long time (but I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t actually win the game). I agree that the crowds not being there haven’t helped Liverpool at Anfield but neither has losing a player as influential as Virgil Van Dijk. Plus Mane and Jota are also currently injured who would’ve helped them last night. I’ve often said under FSG’s ownership, Liverpool’s first team is one of the best in the league but the squad depth just isn’t there. Last season went almost perfectly for them because hardly any of their key players picked up injuries. Tiredness is definitely a factor though. The games are currently coming thick and fast with the Premier League starting late and needing to finish in time for the European Championships.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, LCJ said:

I don’t think Moyes was given much of a chance at Man United either. 

Quite right, too. He was completely out of his depth.

The problem Moyes had at United was that he was given a chance at all. Terrible fit for them and for any team with aspirations of winning and playing positive attacking football. Look at the job he’s doing now, exactly the same as he did at Everton, same style and circumstances. Fair play to him, I thought he was completely busted.

Yeah it’s getting a bit revisionist with this “Moyes was never given a fair chance at Man Utd” rhetoric that’s been coming out.

He’s doing a good job with West Ham this season, it wasn’t much of an achievement keeping them up last season to be honest, they shouldn’t have been down there, let’s not forget he was an absolute joke at Sunderland and when he went to Spain also, but credit where it’s due this season.

The thing is, and this is not just with Moyes and West Ham, but I think it is so hard to judge any manager and club properly this season as it’s such an anomaly, it goes without saying these are not normal times we’re living in and football this season, especially in England, has illustrated that, there’s been some crazy results and performances,  many that defy belief. Aside from Man City theres no team with any real consistency whatsoever, literally with West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Leeds just to name a few there’s no telling from one game to the next what the results going to be.

It’s such a strange season and until fans are back I don’t think we’ll really know for sure the state some clubs are in and what their potential/current standing is. There’s no way in my opinion Leeds would have lost as many home games as they have this season if there was fans, Liverpool would not have lost to Burnley and Brighton if Anfield was full, on the other side of that, I don’t think Man Utd’s away record would be as good as it was if fans were there, home advantage pretty much doesn’t stand anymore. Managers like Bruce and Mourinho would be under a hell of a lot more pressure to perform a lot differently if fans were in, Arteta may not have made it through his bad spell if fans were there and Arsenal got those results at the Emirates (results which ironically may not have happened if fans were in).

Anyway, gone off on a tangent a little so sorry to change the subject slightly on Moyes, but like I say until fans are back I think it’s impossible to properly judge the quality of how teams are performing and whether it’s sustainable or not.

Edited by Doog