General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

3 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Good luck with that Shy Dad, they haven't played last season's final yet.

On that note, I found it marvellously amusing that they're having an EFL Trophy double header this weekend - last season's final is on Saturday, closely followed by this season's final on the Sunday.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:44 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Did Ally McCoist shag Sue Barker or am I thinking of someone else?

I asked him that very question around 2004/5 when I saw him coming out of the Stadium of Light, after he’d been a pundit at one of our games. 

I was met with a very swift “fuck off, lad”.

• Paid Members

They're surely not going to go back to this 'protecting 3pm kickoffs' shite next season, are they? It's been great having football on staggered throughout the weekend and being able to watch all Premier League games on TV if I wanted, as should be the case. Absolutely ridiculous if they go back. 

13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They're surely not going to go back to this 'protecting 3pm kickoffs' shite next season, are they? It's been great having football on staggered throughout the weekend and being able to watch all Premier League games on TV if I wanted, as should be the case. Absolutely ridiculous if they go back. 

I agree completely, premier league football is a TV show now with seasons etc. It hasn't been affected by the pandemic aesthetically or financially. Having no fans there has made little difference to the product and lets face it, what a time for a gay footballer to come out unless the guy controlling the crowd noises is Jim Davidson. 

21 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I agree completely, premier league football is a TV show now with seasons etc. It hasn't been affected by the pandemic aesthetically or financially. Having no fans there has made little difference to the product and lets face it, what a time for a gay footballer to come out unless the guy controlling the crowd noises is Jim Davidson. 

I beg to differ!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It depends. At the UKFF's Favourite Team's Wrexham 3pm Saturday home games we'd have a lot of local Man U and Liverpool and Everton fans there just getting their fix. Probably about 500 or so. If 3pms became de riguer we'd lose that clientele, as would a lot of other clubs. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

It depends. At the UKFF's Favourite Team's Wrexham 3pm Saturday home games we'd have a lot of local Man U and Liverpool and Everton fans there just getting their fix. Probably about 500 or so. If 3pms became de riguer we'd lose that clientele, as would a lot of other clubs. 

That's the big problem, and It's the same at Oakwell and probably about 90% of teams outside the Premier league. The casual fans who will go to watch Barnsley every now and again as they fancy watching some football would be diluted, and many would probably just stay home and watch whatever Premier League games are on TV at the time. It then has a the knock on effect of stifling the next generation of supporters(I've lost count of the amount of times people state that they fell in love with the club when taken as kids to the 'Well by their Dads, who were not really Barnsley supporters themselves). I think it's forgotten sometimes that the 3pm blackout is there to protect the smaller clubs rather than to protect the big clubs gate receipts.

Are there any viewing figures available for the PL since they have every match televised? Just wondering if there will be any issues with the product being oversaturated?

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Sky Sports have broken their own viewing records twice this season already.  They benefit from there being fuck all else on or to do.  I've found it useful to watch almost every match of my own team, but I won't watch the whole slate as my old dad does.

It will be interesting to see if that trend would continue going forward, once things have got back to some sort of normality. I know I have watched a few more matches than I normally wouldn't, but can't say that would have been the case if there was more things I could have done to keep myself occupied.

I do think that having the odd match on the BBC will help the sport, though. I'm sure there will be kids out there who have been a bit indifferent to football, especially if they have not had access to Sky/BT Sports, who have actually been able to sit and watch a game live and as a result have really taken to the sport. I'm hoping that having the BBC and C4 showing cricket(even if it is this bastardised "100" version) has a similar effect...

• Paid Members

I honestly think it's only a matter of time until the premier league starts a netflix style  streaming platform. If they kept it at a reasonable price could you imagine the figures of subscription? Add world wide and everything goes direct to the league. I think that will be the future. I may be totally wrong tho. 

• Paid Members

That game sums up why David Moyes would never make it at United or any other top club. He's absolutely gutless. A back five and three DMs against that United side, and in the form they're in. What an idiot.

5 hours ago, theironshake said:

I honestly think it's only a matter of time until the premier league starts a netflix style  streaming platform. If they kept it at a reasonable price could you imagine the figures of subscription? Add world wide and everything goes direct to the league. I think that will be the future. I may be totally wrong tho. 

They already had one in parts of Asia. It was called Premier League Pass. My mate watched it via a VPN. They showed every match live and later on demand and it was in HD. Was a good service but I’m not sure it’ll happen over here anytime soon mainly because the likes of Sky and BT keep paying silly money for the TV rights.