General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Well, that's the unbeaten run over. One game too far, in reality and the better team on the day won. Still 5th though, so hopefully we're back after the international break refreshed and ready to put another run together!

Was thinking earlier of how much more Americanised a lot of these Premier League grounds tend to look now since thousands of fans have had to be replaced by giant, spirit rousing bedsheets. A hundred and one minor slogans you never knew bottom half teams had. "WE FIGHT AS ONE!" and so on. It's been more of a thing since the advent of social media in general but seeing it all over the grounds on telly is still much more akin to an American game to me, from the perspective of a dirty, get the 'E in plastic fan. 

• Paid Members
On 3/20/2021 at 11:17 PM, BrodyGraham said:

Well Newcastle are fucked. 9 games left and I think we've got 6 of the top ten left. Getting battered off Brighton properly fucks us. I reckon we save Fulham by virtue of being shit.

No club who get in excess of 50k fans consistently should be as mediocre(at best) as Newcastle have been since they had that brilliant team with the likes of Ginola(still one of my favourite players of all time!)and Ferdinand. Wonder how different their futures would have been if Keegan could keep the form going and they won the league?  The big fanbase should have ensured they fared better than Blackburn, who won it thanks to Jack Walker pumping mega bucks(for the time) into them and didn't have the core fanbase to sustain it once that money dried up.

• Paid Members

Hereford are going to Wembley!

Looks like there may be some fan involvement as well as it's happening towards the end of May and probably would be a trial run for the Euros.

Buzzing, we've started to really turn a corner as a team and I've high hopes for next season of getting out of the bloody League North.

34 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Hereford are going to Wembley!

Looks like there may be some fan involvement as well as it's happening towards the end of May and probably would be a trial run for the Euros.

Buzzing, we've started to really turn a corner as a team and I've high hopes for next season of getting out of the bloody League North.

You’ve got giant killers Hornchurch who’ve only played something like 5 games in the last 5 months and they’ve all been in the Trophy. Mark Stimson, their manager, has been around the block, and I think he’s won the FA trophy before. Crazy to think no National League side got through, including the UKFF’s 2 least favourite teams. 

• Paid Members

Barnsley did the most Barnsley thing possible today. Conceding from our own penalty! Held on though, and that 6 consecutive away wins for the first time in the club's history!

@PowerButchi, what has happened in the National League for Dover to have all their results wiped?

• Moderators

Dover have refused to fulfil their remaining fixtures due to financial issues brought on my COVID-19 so in the interest of fairness all their results for the season were expunged.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Dover have refused to fulfil their remaining fixtures due to financial issues brought on my COVID-19 so in the interest of fairness all their results for the season were expunged.

Are they expecting any fines for it? I remember seeing something about their Chairman quitting the National League board or something, is that related?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Yeah, they've been fined 40k, but are refusing to pay it as they'll go bust. They're docked 12 points next season too.

It's a bit of a backwards rule to fine teams that are skint in the first place, but I suppose it's there as a deterrent to other clubs doing the same.