General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post!

Jest been sent a link to an article on the Mail(sorry1), where it says 10 Championship clubs were hit with a transfer embargo last month(Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Luton Town, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke City). I think Huddersfield's has been removed, but still. Nearly half of the second tier being barred from signing players.

There is going to be a massive financial shit-show coming soon...

Edit:

Seems like 3(Huddersfield, Stoke and Luton) are just victims of the EFL rules not being "in sync" with the governments rules. The EFL have not changed their rules to take into account the 3 month extension that is available for publishing accounts, and it's tripped the 3 clubs up. 

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Bruce Willis Reaction GIF

I'm hoping we pull off the impossible and go up to leave said party. Don't even care if the board spend money while up there and we go back down, as the money from the one season and parachute money should keep the club healthy for 15 to 20 years if they are smart...

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

So the embargo will be lifted next month when the accounts are filed when they’re supposed to be. The EFL are fucking terrible. 

It just shows you how shit the EFL is. I get that some of the 10 clubs have genuinely fucked up and have a history of missing the filing date, so need the embargo applying. The clubs that are simply taking advantage of a legal extension to help them through the COVID pandemic have just had a shit more stress put on them.  

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Agreed. They’ve been utterly shit regarding enforcement of rules when it came to our ground situation. 

The list of neglectful acts they have done to clubs going through rocky times is shameful. Even where it's been the club officials themselves that have caused the issues(Bolton, Bury, Blackpool etc), they still have blood on their hands for letting the chancers take control in the first place.

They don't give a shit though. As long as they are being thrown scraps from the Premier League money train and get to claim their huge expenses for visits to the worlds biggest football matches, they are happy to turn a blind eye. 

• Paid Members
On 4/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Agreed. They’ve been utterly shit regarding enforcement of rules when it came to our ground situation. 

So on that basis Cov can say "Up yours", make a signing and cite the Government when the EFL kicks up a fuss? I'd love the EFL to finally have egg on it's face but it's not exactly a win-win situation if it comes to court, and we'd really rather Cov didn't do that for their own sake.

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
On 4/6/2021 at 9:07 AM, Cod Eye said:

Sorry for the double post!

Jest been sent a link to an article on the Mail(sorry1), where it says 10 Championship clubs were hit with a transfer embargo last month(Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Luton Town, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke City). I think Huddersfield's has been removed, but still. Nearly half of the second tier being barred from signing players.

There is going to be a massive financial shit-show coming soon...

Edit:

Seems like 3(Huddersfield, Stoke and Luton) are just victims of the EFL rules not being "in sync" with the governments rules. The EFL have not changed their rules to take into account the 3 month extension that is available for publishing accounts, and it's tripped the 3 clubs up. 

I just had a look, and the Rovers got their paperwork in on time as well. Looks like the same thing has happened to them as far as dates not being in sync etc:

"Following reports in the national media regarding the club being placed under a transfer embargo, Blackburn Rovers can confirm that it submitted its 2019-20 statutory accounts to the EFL by their deadline of March 1st 2021.

These accounts are currently under review by the EFL, along with the club’s Profit & Sustainability submissions for the current year, for which we have until June 30th to meet our financial projections.

The 2019-20 statutory accounts will also be filed with Companies House by June 30th, in accordance with the extended Government deadline.

The club will be making no further comment at this stage."

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Massive win for the forum’s favourite in the six pointer against Rotherham. We would’ve won by more had their keeper not played a blinding first half. 

I'd say that puts you more or less safe. I can't see Rotherham winning both the games in hand, so that would put you 6 clear with 15 to play for. I just can't see them winning 2 more games than you from the final 5. Same with Wednesday(Hope Darren Moore gets well soon, btw) and Wybombe...