General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Wow, given the German ownership models that'd fly right in the face of the whole association. 

I've just tried to figure out the new format for the Champions League and that conference league Cup thing. I think I'd have better chance understanding how Goldenballs works. 

I reckon Rangers and Celtic are in with a shout.

Have any of the hero’s at Sky Sports acknowledged the hypocrisy of themselves? I imagine discussing the topic on a Monday night game from their expensive subscription service would be hard to do with a straight face.

• Paid Members

The BBC have reported that the founders will get £3.5 billion for joining up.

16 minutes ago, sukhy said:

Rumours that one of the clubs is Schalke, who have picked up 13 points from 29 games this season. 

Emphasis on the super part of the super league. 

I saw something, might have even been on this thread, that if the clubs are based on fan base as opposed to success, then Schalke and West Ham will be 2 of the 3 invited, and judging by West Ham fans comments they'll be more than happy as all they are moaning about is Spurs being in it. The third might have been Celtic, if not third, then they were definitely 4th on the list I saw.

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The BBC have reported that the founders will get £3.5 billion for joining up.

It's €3.5 billion which equates to about €291 million each (based on 12 teams). No wonder they want to sign up, and who can blame a businessman for trying to make as much money as possible? It's not right but these people own the club and can really do whatever they want with them.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Wolves?

This thread is a good read. 

I wondered whether it might be Wolves trying to establish themselves as "a big club". I wouldn't have ruled out Rangers and/or Celtic either. Especially as it'd save them having to slum it through the qualifying. It's not as if the gulf between those two and the rest of the Scottish league could really get much bigger, is it? 

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, air_raid said:

Shame. Was a fan of his nonsense ever since he described Charlie Adam as a “bag of carrots” that time. Should have known he was a bus worshipper.

He's from Bristol so he only sees a bus three days every Easter.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I saw something, might have even been on this thread, that if the clubs are based on fan base as opposed to success, then Schalke and West Ham will be 2 of the 3 invited, and judging by West Ham fans comments they'll be more than happy as all they are moaning about is Spurs being in it. The third might have been Celtic, if not third, then they were definitely 4th on the list I saw.

on the West Ham FB groups I am on the view is of the majority that we don't want any part of it. The fanbase of a West Ham or Wolves vs a Chelsea or Man U are polar opposites because the majority of fans are actually local and don't change with the wind. The view of Spurs being considered as being among the "Super Clubs" is causing laughter rather then jealousy. TFTM nailed it yesterday in the below quote. 

13 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

In a rare episode of Top Flight Time Machine where they discussed football, Andy Dawson summed it up best when he said Spurs being in this was the funniest thing. It reminded him of a family film where a dog sneaks on to a space ship before it takes off and they wonder how he got onto the space ship. Brutal yet true.

• Paid Members

Picking through Guardiola's press conference, it's becoming increasingly obvious just how closeted the Premier League is and how quick those who become a part of it buy into this little Englander mentality. Harping on about how sport without competition isn't sport while managing a club that was nothing until the oil billions came along. He wouldn't be there and City would be another club making an hilarious meme about it on their Twitter account without said money.

Meanwhile, Harry Maguire's apparently had words with Ed Woodward so the ESL is bound to succeed now.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

We need the real people's champion Marcus Rashford to speak up. He'll make them see sense. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz