General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The top 6 not being punished for this means we now have 6 essentially Tory teams in the Premier League when they can do what they want with no repercussions. So yes, I am saying if you are a Spurs fan that makes you a Tory now. Congratulations.

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, let’s not pretend that the other clubs - currently, weirdly portrayed as Oliver wanting some more TV money - wouldn’t have been straight into it if they had the chance. 

The media’s got this wrapped as working class power toppling capitalism but we’re so far away from that it’s depressing. That John Barnes vid gets it all in. 

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Of course i jest. Well, at least about the fans being Tories by proxy. I was really pointing out the fact that whilst many clubs have been docked points for things outside of the fans control and (mostly) being because of dodgy running of the club, the fact the defenders of the top 6 are saying don’t punish the fans, punish the chairmans is ridiculous. As is Man Utd fans on Twitter suggesting they should be lorded for Rashford saving football from the nasty Super League. 

The whole thing is frankly a massive shit show and the fan backlash from the rest of the league will be felt for a while. I see people saying the German league is the way football should be run. Anyone got a quick guide?

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

London teams in general other than Chelsea and Palace next season? Up to you lads.

Can we not just ring-fence all Premier League clubs into their own thread so we can talk about real football?*

Unless Barnsley win the playoffs, then the Premier League is the realest of real football...

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Can we not just ring-fence all Premier League clubs into their own thread so we can talk about real football?*

Unless Barnsley win the playoffs, then the Premier League is the realest of real football...

I’d be all happy to just see a Wrexham thread tbf.

Oh wait, this is pretty much this one 🙄

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Moderators

Heard it countless times in the other thread. Can you just not go back to not posting in football threads please? You've only seemed to appear in them now West Ham aren't fucking completely useless anyway. Get back in your box.

• Paid Members

And to think a little sarcastic post has gone OTT. Sorry pal, I think you’ll find over the years I’ve been pretty happy to discuss the good and bad of West Ham because it’s the weirdest club in the world in how shit and good they can be. And I’ve chipped in on other stuff over the years. It’s just I pick my times to not be too noticeable or annoying (as much as possible in my case anyway).

But if you want to talk about posting less in the football thread I wouldn’t stand in a glass house whilst throwing (John) stones. 

The Bundesliga isn’t all that. Bayern are about to win their 9th league title on the trot and basically cherry pick all the leagues best players, it’s hardly competitive. The fan involvement is great and all like.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The Bundesliga isn’t all that. Bayern are about to win their 9th league title on the trot and basically cherry pick all the leagues best players, it’s hardly competitive. The fan involvement is great and all like.

Yeah I was more interested in the fan angle then the quality aspect. Look, I can’t see how the PL will ever go back to the way it was financially, but every year I get less and less interested. This season I’ve followed my team, but hardly watched anything else. My interest in the PL is getting near WWE Raw levels of enjoyment vs habit, and a lot is down to the way football is now run, especially the Premier League.