General Pinochet's All New Domestic Football 20/21. Arsenal and Spurs free!!!

PowerButchi

• Moderators

They've already sold out of limited edition Aviation Gin. 6000 bottles went in 90 minutes this morning. I was in the online queue to buy a couple.

It went through while we were playing Alty last night, and we won as well. A great night. Hopefully Steve Cleeve is crying into his pomade.

• Paid Members

You watch how Rangers implode till the end of the season. Draw with Hamilton was a disgrace. If they get a win straight away after it then everything will be over. People forget that the end of last season Gerrard couldn't buy a win at all. Morelos was slashing his team-mates car tyres, allegedly, for some reason too. Title race up here is definately not over yet.

Rangers would need to massively shit the bed to not win the league. They were horrendous in the game against Hamilton but have bounced back from other poor performances this season.

I mean Rangers need to lose 6 straight and Celtic need to win 6 straight for them to even catch up.

• Paid Members

That result in the West Brom Vs Man United game effectively sealed the league title for Man City today. City would have a hard time dropping it from here. That save from Sam Johnstone from Maguire's header at the end of the game was massive. 

Is there any team in the league this year that's more reliant on one player, than Manchester United are on Bruno Fernandes?

Van Dijk is obviously extremely important for Liverpool, but they'll probably still finish in the top four. As well as that, if they had Matip and Gomez fit they wouldn't have dropped off as much as they have as they could have kept Henderson and Fabinho in midfield. 

Man City are without De Bruyne and Aguero and haven't missed a beat. 

Son and Kane are more of a pair, sharing a lot of the burden between them. 

If Man United were missing Fernandes I wouldn't have a hard time believing that they would finish in the bottom half. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

That result in the West Brom Vs Man United game effectively sealed the league title for Man City today.

The result in last weekend's Liverpool vs City game effectively sealed the league title for Man City. United aren't and never have been genuine contenders this season, the race was always going to be between Liverpool and City. The only people trying to tell you otherwise are the broadcasters desperate to sell the story of a title fight, but for the second season in a row, there isn't one.

• Moderators

Dover habe furloughed their players. Can't see proper football ending this season. 

But it's pissed me off as Chesterfield spent a fair bit of money on players with expensive wages from 1-2 grand a week on 2 year contracts, and they can happily furlough them 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Dover habe furloughed their players. Can't see proper football ending this season. 

But it's pissed me off as Chesterfield spent a fair bit of money on players with expensive wages from 1-2 grand a week on 2 year contracts, and they can happily furlough them 

I seriously fear for the future of a lot of clubs outside the the league(outside the 5 or 6 biggest clubs in League 1 to be fair). I hope we can come out the other side of this pandemic with all the clubs still standing. 

I agree though, it must feel like a kick in the bollocks when a team is able to throw the money around but not take responsibility for it. Is there no wage caps/spending rules outside the league?

On a personal note, the Barnsley performance against Brentford was seriously satisfying. I've never seen any team able to execute the high press with such intensity and keep it going from the first kick to the final whistle the way the Reds did today(and as they did against Chelsea on Thursday too). I really like Brentford, and class them as a team Barnsley should be looking to emulate(off the pitch), but they just could not cope with the press today. I honestly hope they bounce back and go on to win promotion though...

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I seriously fear for the future of a lot of clubs outside the the league(outside the 5 or 6 biggest clubs in League 1 to be fair). I hope we can come out the other side of this pandemic with all the clubs still standing. 

I agree though, it must feel like a kick in the bollocks when a team is able to throw the money around but not take responsibility for it. Is there no wage caps/spending rules outside the league?

On a personal note, the Barnsley performance against Brentford was seriously satisfying. I've never seen any team able to execute the high press with such intensity and keep it going from the first kick to the final whistle the way the Reds did today(and as they did against Chelsea on Thursday too). I really like Brentford, and class them as a team Barnsley should be looking to emulate(off the pitch), but they just could not cope with the press today. I honestly hope they bounce back and go on to win promotion though...

Thing is, if we got taken over a few days earlier we'd be doing the same, if not more. But it just doesn't sit right with me that when there's a vote on the season amongst the NL National and North/South clubs on the loans and the future of the season you can go mad like you're on Football Manager knowing you won't have to pay it.

• Paid Members
On 2/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, Divorced Dad said:

Rangers would need to massively shit the bed to not win the league. They were horrendous in the game against Hamilton but have bounced back from other poor performances this season.

I mean Rangers need to lose 6 straight and Celtic need to win 6 straight for them to even catch up.

Even if you go with "Rangers were founded in 2012", it would be some achievement.