Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Left my house at half 6 with a crate of beer and near 300 quid in cash and have no idea if I'll return home tonight or just drink until the trains are running and then go somewhere. 

Everything alright like pal?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Left my house at half 6 with a crate of beer and near 300 quid in cash and have no idea if I'll return home tonight or just drink until the trains are running and then go somewhere. 

I hope everything is okay but I'm guessing something's happened to contemplate going away. I think have a beer, sleep on it and see if you still fancy taking a train ride in the morning.  Might give a different perspective especially if this is heat of the moment stuff.

Stay safe whichever you choose.

2 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

@Shy Dad. Hope you're okay buddy remember that there are people to listen on here and 116 123. Stay safe 

3 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Take her handy pal, hopefully you got the head down somewhere safe tonight.

• Paid Members

So sad to see Steak and Shy Dad having some problems. Hope you both come back stronger from your troubles. 

Just lost my Uncle. Apparently to COVID, but he’s not left the house since June due to his health issues so my aunt and family want to know more. I saw him a few weeks back when I popped round to see them, on their doorstep and he didn’t look well, but still came as a shock. So that’s 2 close deaths now post Lockdown. Still, good to see the queues for Primark this morning and people on trains not wearing masks.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Ah man, so sorry about your bad news. :(

I was really close to him until a row between my parents and him and I was told a version of the events which naive teenage me believed. It was only when I fell out with my parents and was talking to my Aunt that we were able to repair our relationship and I am so glad we did because we were close again for the last 7 or so years. My only shining light through this is he had not been in good health and I know he's no longer suffering. 

• Paid Members

Sorry to hear about your loss. I cannot imagine how it feels to suffer with the almost dystopian events elsewhere in the country unfolding. I know a few people who have lost loved ones, attributed to COVID-19 but likewise the individuals haven't been out or in contact with anyone else and the authorities haven't been able to offer much of an explanation. Distressing and infuriating the attitudes of some.

• Paid Members

Yeah very sad Scorch. Hope you're as ok as you can be. Glad that you were on good terms again.