Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

On a zoom call today with another department we are going to be working with next week, about five people from each department so ten of us in total getting to know each other.

We all have to give a brief introduction and then my manager thought it would be a good idea to say what makes us happy. So it goes round the room, someone mentions family, another one said walks, another golf etc etc until we get to one guy who says “the thought of the Tenerife volcano erupting”. I honestly have no idea why that tickled me so much but I couldn’t stop laughing, lockdown delirium is truly kicking in 

• Paid Members

Found a lump on/around my good pals the other day and now have a doctors appointment next week. 

It's probably nothing but with my anxiety issues I can't help beat myself up. I'm honestly just so everywhere right now and people are concerned this is how I'm dealing with it. 

• Paid Members

I hope everything is OK ShyDad

A lad at school had similar and it promoted them to give us pairs of fake testicles in the common room to learn what to check for. From what I recall they were mostly used to zip into peoples trousers so they hung out the front or sneakily rest on peoples heads when they were sat down, which while hilarious wasn't massively educational. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

A lad at school had similar and it promoted them to give us pairs of fake testicles in the common room to learn what to check for

This is genuinely a brilliant idea. I honestly don't think I'd know if I had a lump on my balls, unless it was really obvious, like comically large.

Hope all goes well Shy Dad

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Found a lump on/around my good pals the other day and now have a doctors appointment next week. 

It's probably nothing but with my anxiety issues I can't help beat myself up. I'm honestly just so everywhere right now and people are concerned this is how I'm dealing with it. 

I've had my balls checked a bunch of times and each time it's been nothing, just got bumpy spuds. I got the all clear immediately whilst they were doing the scan. It's scary but I'm sure it'll be fine. 

• Paid Members

Everyone thinks the C word when you find a lump down there and i'm sure that's what you're thinking Shy Day. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer back in 2013 so if you do get some news you're not expecting I am more than happy to talk you through some things to expect, advice etc etc

HOWEVER THE LIKELIHOOD ITS ANYTHING SINISTER IS RARE. Only 2,000 odd cases between 2015-2017 according to the cancer research website, with a very high survival rate.

Try not to worry about it and my PMs are always open if you want a chat

• Paid Members

Thanks all. As many have said it's probably less than nothing, it's just while the whole lockdown is going on and my anxiety is at a whole new level it wasn't the best thing to find. It's probably all normal and this is my brain just telling me to worry about something else for a while. I'm gonna try and get some extra rest over the weekend, see if resetting my sleep pattern will keep me calmer. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

I found a lump on one my bollocks once and went to get it checked, turned out it was my spermatic chord which attaches to the testicles and can feel like a lump. Hope it all goes well. 

I had the exact same scenario when I was a teenager.

• Paid Members

I lived one stop away from there for 5 years and never used it once. It's in the arse end of nowhere because all the surrounding factories are shut down. You can get off and walk 20 minutes to Asda.