Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I've started watching train videos on YouTube.

I fucking love Geoff.

Get involved in freight hopping videos mate. That's where the real fun is.

Although this is my new jam. People at car boots and in charity shops. The king of these is George Ross, who has made a full time living 'reselling' and seems such a nice bloke, I can't hate him despite his hair.

Some of what he picks up and then sells is unreal. Some fucking plush toy worth £400 is utter insanity.

Honestly, have watched hours of this recently and have had massive moments of reflection as in "Why am I watching a man with a go pro on his head saying 'You take a fiver for these' over and over again?"

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

In a follow up to my post last week, the doctors seem to think I've just got an infection based off symptoms, where the lump is and how I'm feeling. So a week of meds and I should hopefully be a little more awake again. 

Getting a qualification and being told your balls don't have the bad lumps in one week? That's a good one. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

• Paid Members
On 7/20/2020 at 10:17 PM, johnnyboy said:

I've started watching train videos on YouTube.

I fucking love Geoff.

If you've got a couple of hours free and haven't already I'd recommend giving his "All The Stations" feature length cut a watch. He also did an interesting series where he visited every platform 0 in the country. His stuff is really good. 

@superbacon you might enjoy Pat The NES Punk's Flea Market Madness series, or LGR Thrifts, although Clint isn't as keen on reselling, and usually just picks up stuff he wants to add to his collection of interesting things. 

I spent a few days/weeks watching a channel by a guy called Jim Browning where he has a setup on his pc to plant spyware on the computers of those people that run the tech support fake popup scams, and also tracks their IP address etc. It's really interesting stuff. He usually does it to get as much information as he can to report them to their local police force. There are others that will call the number and just waste their time, and one guy that just syskeys the guys, password locks their pcs and generally inconveniences them. It can be interesting viewing. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

40 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

@superbacon you might enjoy Pat The NES Punk's Flea Market Madness series, or LGR Thrifts, although Clint isn't as keen on reselling, and usually just picks up stuff he wants to add to his collection of interesting things. 

I'll check them out, cheers. 

I'm in and out of charity shops all the time anyway for football shirts, so I thought it might give it a go and have made £125 profit this month, off mostly trainers to be honest. Although my 7 year old will make the most profit this month after she spotted a BB-8 Sphero for a fiver that's going to sell this week!

Not going to set the world alight, but it'll pay for a trip a year or something.

7 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Isn't buying stuff from a charity shop already giving back? 

No, because I'm then selling the items at a profit.

Next time I'll attach a spreadsheet of all the charity work I've ever done and the amounts we've donated to appease some fucking weirdo on the internet. Didn't realise I had to. Lesson learnt eh?*

*And yeah, that was 'passive aggressive'. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

No, because I'm then selling the items at a profit.

Next time I'll attach a spreadsheet of all the charity work I've ever done and the amounts we've donated to appease some fucking weirdo on the internet. Didn't realise I had to. Lesson learnt eh?*

*And yeah, that was 'passive aggressive'. 

I know lots of people do make money from regular targeted reselling, I just think it's a but shitty and it wouldn't hurt to put some of the profit back the charity's way. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it though. 

On an aside I know it's hard for you but try and be less of twat, it's very tiresome. The irony of you talking about weirdos on the Internet is amazing though given your regular responses to a passing remark.

Edited by Tommy!

7 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I know lots of people do make money from regular targeted reselling, I just think it's a but shitty and it wouldn't hurt to put some of the profit back the charity's way. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it though. 

On an aside I know it's hard for you but try and be less of twat, it's very tiresome. The irony of you talking about weirdos on the Internet is amazing though given your regular responses to a passing remark.

And yet you chose to make a comment about profiteering off charity, and I suppose that just by coincidence happened to be posted after mine mentioning what I've been doing did it, and wasn't targeted? And I'm the passive aggressive one here. 

You know nothing about me, and whether or not I 'give back'.

Let's agree that we both think each other is an absolute cunt, as I sure as fuck think you are, and ignore each other in future.