Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I'm not really ashamed about it, but it was a bit dickish.

I was asked to do the zoom quiz for a few friends this week. I made the questions quite hard, but the answers were all in alphabetical order. I didnt tell them until the end, so I could watch them panic and start changing their answers.

I also had a True or False round where all the answers were true. 

Then a numbers section where the answers in order were 1, 22, 333.

• Paid Members

I ran a quiz where I called the round where every answer was a number or to do with one "Number Wang" knowing a few friends were massive Mitchell and Webb fans and made every answer the in order numbers from the very first Number Wang sketch. 

One guy had been watching the sketch and twigged after the quiz was over. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I ran a quiz where I called the round where every answer was a number or to do with one "Number Wang" knowing a few friends were massive Mitchell and Webb fans and made every answer the in order numbers from the very first Number Wang sketch. 

One guy had been watching the sketch and twigged after the quiz was over. 

Did you give anyone a bonus point for answering shintysix? 

On 5/17/2020 at 8:22 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I bought a Chicago Bulls jersey for £55 after watching The Last Dance. It makes me look like Ali G.

My lockdown purchases have snowballed. As well as the aforementioned Bulls jersey I now own the full Adidas Run DMC tracksuit (I’ll NEVER wear it as a set) a Raiders hat and a New York Knicks jersey. These are all things I would definitely have bought as a 14 year old. However with lockdown diet consisting of take aways and stuff I’ve learned to bake I’ll be looking less Ali G and more the fat bloke from The Office who dresses up as him. 

• Paid Members

Next door are starting to take the piss with noise levels again. I get that they are just naturally noisy people (can't go through a door without slamming it, can't go up their uncarpeted stairs without stamping - and wearing clogs by the sounds of it - and can't have a conversation without screaming at each other) but having music thumping through the walls until 4:15 this morning is just taking the piss.

They had music (fucking karaoke too!) late into the evening the other day, and we gave them as pass as it was one of their birthdays.

Seeing as I'm working from home, Lennon's "Two Virgins" is going to be played on a loop for the rest of the week with the speakers up against the wall.

I finished watching Bad Girls as I didn't bother watching it when it was actually on television. The series started off well but got very silly (especially towards the end). I've started watching the Simpsons from scratch on Disney +. Some of the early episodes still hold up today as being brilliant. Also started watching Oz (US prison drama with Ernie Hudson from the 90s/early 00s). Impressed so far (I just enjoy prison dramas).

2 hours ago, Divorced Dad said:

I usually wear my hair a bit longer anyway but now that I've not had a hair cut in about 4 months I've started wearing it in a man bun. I quite like the way it looks. 

Rock it, Dad. I’m probably about a month or two from doing the same thing, partly in protest at those who’ve told me not to.

• Paid Members

I spent over £50 this week on bird feeders and bird food. And I’ve started talking to Mervyn and Sylvia - the two magpies that have taken up residence in my garden.

I think I’m losing the plot.

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Have you switched on the new 4:3 mode for the earlier seasons so that the picture isn't cropped?

Didn’t know they’d added that yet. Thanks for the info.