Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

And yet you chose to make a comment about profiteering off charity, and I suppose that just by coincidence happened to be posted after mine mentioning what I've been doing did it, and wasn't targeted? And I'm the passive aggressive one here. 

You know nothing about me, and whether or not I 'give back'.

Because the discussion was about reselling at a profit, and social media platforms on it. I think its a bit poor form and said so, be it you or anyone else. 

I could not talk about the conversation at hand but it would make the forum very hard to follow and completely pointless. 

FYI I never claimed you did or didn't donate money you made, just the concept as it was under discussion. I assumed you didn't but didn't rule out the possibility you did because you didn't directly comment. However I know lots of people do do it in search of a profit on resale and it's not uncommon. 

Based on your response I'll assume you don't though, otherwise being so confrontational is very odd, as the sensible rebuttal came from Coconut. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

And there you go. You have no idea what I do or don't do for charity

That's how an assumption works, but well done on selectively cutting the quote to ignore everything else so you can continue to have a go at a point that doesn't exist because my opinion of the matter remains regardless of what you do, because my point isn't specific to you.

I don't ignore anyone on here, no one is without some merit in what they say. Well, unless they are having some sort of meltdown, but then that's often hilarious in a macabre way. 

Edited by Tommy!

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

It might just be me but regularly making money from a charity and good will and not giving back is a bit shit. 

Tories, mostly. My girlfriend volunteers at charity shops and they have regulars for certain items. They always haggle on price (It’s the same price on eBay etc) and you see them selling what they bought from the shop on eBay or marketplace for a tidy profit. 

45 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Tell me about it, i have already eaten all of my supply of popcorn just reading it! 

Town today, most shoppers had masks on, but yesterday, i went to the local big shopping centre, Merry Hill, for the first time in months and i was one of few who had one on at all, and was getting very dirty looks off some people, amazes me really that people seem to look down on you for wearing one opposed to not, ah Britain. never change 

How was it busy-wise? I haven't been going out much so I don't really know what's going on out there. Doesn't surprise me re: people not wearing masks sadly.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Probably shouldn't have watched that with my daughter hanging about.  Looks like we're going to Corrour on the Caledonian Sleeper next year.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Some family time.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to finishing off my Lockdown project. Technically I started it about four years ago, but only just got around to properly doing something with it when lockdown happened and I had the spare time.

It's an old piece of shit Squier guitar that I sanded down to the wood about four years ago and ended up abandoning. A horrid bright orange thing with all black hardware. Then I decided to carry on with it as I'd bought some spray paint for some stuff in the garden and thought I'd use the rest on this and finally get it finished. It was mainly done to practice spraying as I have a body and neck for a Telemaster guitar that I'm going to make soon that I want to do a good job with, but I'll probably use the spray booth at work rather than my garden/shed like with this. I bought some cheap hardware for it just so I can get it actually playable which it is, just about. 

bLKIFD1.jpg

• Paid Members

I'm finally making a start on my project guitar too, which I also started about four years ago.

Cheap piece of shit Encore that was sat for three weeks in a charity shop for £20 that I said I wasn't going to buy, but got increasingly annoyed every time I walked past that nobody else was snapping up this bargain.

The original plan was to clean it up, give it a proper set up and then flog it for a small profit, but the neck's really nice, so I'm keeping it, and I'm modding the shit out of it.

Got some locking tuners and roller saddles to keep it in tune, a set of Ibanez Prestige pickups (£30 from eBay!) and I'm installing coil taps, phase switch, a killswitch and routing out a fucking huge cavity for a guitar synth circuit.

It's not going to look anywhere near as decent as yours does. It'll be a proper mutant/mongrel/Frankenstein thing.

I finished my project guitar too. Needed a backup for my main tele at gigs. Started off as a Stagg tele copy body that I picked up for twenty quid in a bag of parts. Bought a cheapo neck and some Wilkinson tuners and it's done. It's been setup since I took this picture. I may wire a killswitch in at somepoint.

tKibzAy.jpg

18 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Neil Sedaka has being doing a mini concert on his socials almost every day for the last 4 months.  I have decided that I would quite like Neil Sedaka to me my fun elderly uncle.  He'd be on the piano, we'd all gather round and sing.  I fucking love Uncle Neil.

I just thought ' "Just Another Day" was one of the first singles on CD I ever bought and the singer wasn't THAT old'

Turns out that wasn't Neil Sedaka, but Jon Secada. All these years I've spent believing a lie...

• Paid Members
On 8/3/2020 at 9:14 AM, cobra_gordo said:

I finished my project guitar too. Needed a backup for my main tele at gigs. Started off as a Stagg tele copy body that I picked up for twenty quid in a bag of parts. Bought a cheapo neck and some Wilkinson tuners and it's done. It's been setup since I took this picture. I may wire a killswitch in at somepoint.

I like how you've still got the ashtray bridge with the Bigsby.

8 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I like how you've still got the ashtray bridge with the Bigsby.

Thanks. It was a bit of a faff but took maybe an hour and a half with various files to cut a groove for the strings to run through. There's still a bit of a buzz on the high E where I think it's catching so that's another job to sort.